Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Wood is currently recruiting for .NET Support Analyst with extensive experience in the software industry.
Digital & Technology at Wood has an opportunity for a Support Analyst to join our busy, friendly agile team. This is an exciting opportunity to work on high value software products which are delivered to prestigious organisations world-wide.
The successful applicant reports directly to the Project Manager.
The Support Team are the primary focal point for client enquiries and focus is primarily on providing top level customer service in a timely, efficient manner. They represent the clients' needs effectively, allowing the wider Technology team to tighten their focus on the needs of their current client base
- Categorising and closing out cases as stated within client Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and as advised by the Team Lead.
- Ability to write technically and clearly in plain English with excellent grammar.
- Provide easily understood and informative updates to clients, within the department and wider company.
- Ability to write concise, informative, accurate records of support queries from start to finish including any information gathered outside of the case (Skype, meetings and Slack channel).
- Monitoring the Case Management System for updates to both your cases and the general caseload.
- Monitoring other information channels so that you are up to date with the current state of play within the team (emails, Fogbugz, Skype, Slack, JIRA, Confluence).
- Ability to write complex SQL queries to retrieve data from database and resolve client requests.
- Debug application for issues and provide fix for them.
- Deploy application to client and internal servers for use.
Skills / Qualifications
- Resourceful and has great problem solving abilities.
- Able to self-manage and has excellent prioritisation skills.
- Able to keep track of multiple forms of communication.
- Has a keen interest in technology and learning.
- Demonstrates commitment to Wood and client Core Values.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Proven ability to write clear, accurate responses and escalations in plain English.
- Advanced knowledge of writing SQL queries.
- Experience on .NET technology and ability to write code.
- Good debugging skills.
- Knowledge of deploying applications on servers like Tomcat
- Experience in Java 8 preferred but not essential.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and manage cases in fast paced environment.
- Well-developed organisational skills with an ability to prioritise, work to deadlines and manage conflicting demands.
- Can work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Logical and creative thinker.
- Tech Savvy - proven experience as a support analyst for technical software with a service-oriented attitude and strong problem solving skills
- Broad awareness and understanding of software and technology infrastructure including web applications, databases, understanding of system integration, web services and networks
- Experience of using issue tracking tools (e.g. JIRA, Mantis etc).
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Organised and methodical, ability to manage own workload and prioritise effectively.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Flexible, visionary, yet pragmatic and with the ability to pay attention to detail
- Excellent networker who relishes meeting new people
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.