Skills: Logistics Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Georgetown, Demerara-Mahaica, Guyana
Massy Wood Guyana is currently seeking expressions of interest for a potential project to be based at our Guyana Office.
This is an expression of interest only and is dependent on the successful award of the project by the Client. If successful following the tender phase, the project is expected to commence in 2021.
Applicants must have full work rights in Guyana to be eligible for this role.
- Review in Materials Management Software the reservations of materials and take the adequate actions to dispatch the materials in order for them to arrive before the required by date
- Issuance of materials based on approved requisitions/bill of materials via Maximo/physical documentation to workshop leads for projects
- Control of material for receipt and return operations, including the distribution of material and relevant documentation
- Liaise with Material Coordinators and Buyers as applicable for delivery and status updates for purchase orders
- Review daily equipment checks to assure their integrity and their capacity to execute normal tasks in a safe manner.
- Support tools and equipment management
- Storage of materials assuring proper materials preparation for storage and following minimum safety requirements to assure materials integrity
- Follow adequate hazardous materials management
- When receiving Hazardous Materials consult incompatibility matrix and ensure they are only store beside compatible materials.
- Apply adequate recommendations given by manufacturers to provide adequate preservation of the materials while they are stored in the warehouse
- Safe keep and safeguard all equipment at warehouse and the warehouse facility
- Provide logistic support for the maintenance department in their efforts to search and locate available materials in Maximo and at the warehouse
- Follow adequate disposal of residues
- Must liaise with planners, technicians, engineers and schedulers in order define if materials received at the warehouse must be store or shipped immediately to one of the facilities.
Skills / Qualifications
- High School Diploma, GED certificate or accepted equivalent.
- Minimum two (2) years' experience in Warehouse management preferably in the oil and gas or energy industries.
- Must be able to read and understand written procedures, shipping documents, safety manuals, and safety warning signs.
- Must be able to give and receive oral instructions and directions
- Knowledge in Hazardous Material Management and spill containment
- Knowledge in Warehousing storage standards
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint
An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.