Worcester, England, United Kingdom
Worcester, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Civil Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Worcester, England, United Kingdom
Thriving communities. Healthy cities. A brighter future. What we do is more than building roads, we workevery dayto make the world better for everyone. If you want to join a company invested in you, your success and the global community,start your career with Jacobs.
You'll join a team that has an enviable reputation in the UK Transportation consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high-profile projects with clients that include the Highways England (HE), Transport Scotland, Network Rail, Welsh Government, National Contractors and numerous Local Authorities. Our plans to add to this portfolio continue at pace regionally and nationally.
With UK centres growing in Leeds, Manchester and Birmingham, we can be flexible with regards to location and encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours' contracts.
Working with our team in Worcester you will be involved in delivering a range of projects from small to large, both locally, nationally, and internationally. We have an agile team capable of adapting to any project requirements; both technical, management, and client-facing.
You will be responsible for project delivery and undertake the role of technical lead on a range of highway and transportation related projects:
• Reporting to the project lead, be able to work independently within a team without instruction on a variety of projects.
• Assist line managers with the technical development of more junior staff.
• Contribute independently in the preparation of feasibility studies, technical reports, detailed designs and production of contract documents across a variety of projects.
• Ability to work together with the team and other disciplines in providing an integrated service to clients.
• Help seek innovative solutions in achieving best value in delivering our services.
• Independent use of specialist software related to the work
• With support, undertake site supervision when required of your projects during the construction stage of delivery.
#UKCivils #UKTransportation #UKHighways
• A degree in Civil Engineering or other related degree.
• Good progress made towards achieving IEng/CEng and MICE status or equivalent.
• Technical experience of some aspects of major highway schemes.
• Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills.
• Working knowledge of DMRB, other standards related to area of expertise.
• Knowledge of departure approval process
• Working knowledge of H&S legislation
• Can present to internal stakeholders in areas of expertise.
• Capable of managing workload subject to change at short notice.
• Good IT skills
• Ability to work within a global multi-disciplinary team
Ideally, here's what you'll also have:
• Knowledge of Building Information Modelling (BIM).
• Knowledge of Early Contractor Involvement or design and build projects.
• Knowledge of different contract types and procurement options.
• Able to produce well presented and accurate reports.
• Civil3D Cad experience.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here .
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.