Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Electrical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow, and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business - we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
We are currently recruiting for a Principal Electrical Engineer with extensive experience in the nuclear industry to join our Decommissioning Projects business. This role will be based either in our Birchwood office in Warrington or Scrabster office in Caithness, but there will be a need for periodic visits to client sites, as projects require.
The Decommissioning business provides an exciting mixture of consultancy, engineering and project management support, along with delivery of challenging decommissioning related EPC projects, to major clients in the UK across both the civil nuclear and defence industries, including Dounreay, Sellafield Limited, Urenco and Magnox. Overseas, we are delivering similarly interesting and exciting projects across the globe including projects for clients in Central & Eastern Europe and Japan.
We are very proud to have supported these clients for many years, and our partnering arrangements will enable us to sustain and enhance this support in the long-term. We also deliver a number of projects for other private companies and academia needing decommissioning solutions.
The successful candidate will support the engineering manager with the management, direction and coordination of the Project and interaction with Project discipline teams. The Principal Electrical Engineer is also responsible for implementing Engineering Procedures and maintaining the required standards of technical quality in the project work.
You will play a leading role in teams developing typical design deliverables such as :
- Block Cable Diagrams, Cable Sizing and Earth fault calculation.
- Lighting and Small Power designs, including lighting and cable calcs, SLD's etc,
- Cable support designs including conduit, penetrations, tray work, umbilical systems etc.
- Manufacturing and installation specifications to support new plant and equipment projects and/or Decommissioning projects.
Your responsibilities will be supporting various and diverse nuclear clients providing Front End Engineering Design through to full life cycle project requirements including:
- Waste retrieval and treatment
- Fuel and packaging
- Technical assessment
- Key discipline contributor in Feasibility and Optioneering Studies
Here's What You'll Need:
- To display a broad Electrical understanding in order to be able to undertake different projects in varied locations.
- Electrical design skills, including L&SP, Earthing, building distribution etc. (HV distribution is not a specific requirement)
- Degree qualified or equivalent (eg HNC/HND with significant experience) in engineering discipline with extensive design experience
- Knowledge of AVEVA Instrumentation and AVEVA Electrical shall be advantageous
- Self-starter with a professional leadership approach and a technical background
- Proven experience within a nuclear or highly regulated environment
- Motivated individual with the ability to work to deadlines and communicate project progress
- Good communication skills and ability to articulate information
- Ability to interface and liaise with key client and internal stakeholders
- Committed to Continuous Professional Development
- Extensive experience
- Chartered Electrical Engineer or similar demonstrable experience
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain full UK security clearance (SC)
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.