has an immediate opening to hire an Operating Engineer
responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the facility in accordance with established plant procedures and general industry standards of good practice. The ideal candidate will start, stop and adjust operating equipment, supervise operational maintenance and safety requirements as directed by Senior Shift Engineer. The Operating Engineer will be responsible for recording and evaluating operating data for all equipment. The candidate will perform actions required to correct abnormal operating conditions in addition to determining cause.
What you'll do:
- Will coordinate the activities of other operating and maintenance personnel as required and will be capable of conducting all necessary operating actions independently and without direct supervision.
- Will perform limited administrative functions as may be required by the Maintenance Management system, supervision or others. Will be able to read and interpret and generate reports, logs, incident reports, trends, graphs etc.
- Will train bargaining unit personnel not familiar with the operation of the plant to assist in their development.
- Responsible for administering the Work Clearance Safety Permit Program (Tagout/Lockout) as required by operational and maintenance conditions and under the direction of Senior Shift Engineer or supervision.
- Perform other tasks as required to fulfill the operational and maintenance requirements of the various plants and equipment including housekeeping.
- Perform all duties consistent with safe work practices as is generally practiced in industrial environments and also in accordance with established Employer safety practices and regulations as delineated in the Employer's Safety Manual.
- Will be required to work overtime to cover vacations, illnesses, shift vacancies, absences and other operational or maintenance requirements.
What you bring:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Preferred - Three (3) or more years of experience as an operating Stationary Engineer in an industrial or institutional power plant
- Ability to work rotating 12-hour shifts (7AM-7PM or 7PM-7AM).
- Valid Driver's License
- Good mechanical comprehension.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Apr 1, 2021