Requisition ID: 234010 Requisition Posting End Date: 04/15/2021 Project Overview:
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Today, our colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries. Job Overview:
This position is for a Senior Design Engineer to perform detailed design of machined parts and assemblies associated with multiple customers and clients. The projects that will be assigned involve government work throughout various sectors, including DOD and DOE. The successful candidate will work with mechanical engineers and other technical disciplines in a team environment. The successful candidate must have strong organizational and teamwork skills, proven problem-solving abilities, a can-do attitude, and the desire to innovate designs. This position is anticipated to require travel to Client offices and project job sites. Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinate within the engineering group and other disciplines and groups independently in developing machine component/assembly designs in a team environment.
- Resolve technical issues related to component design independently, including any required interface with other disciplines, groups, suppliers, and the customer.
- Execute schedule requirements while maintaining a high degree of quality in work products.
- Support development of project cost and schedule estimates, as necessary.
- Coordinate closely with other technical disciplines in planning and executing work as an integrated team.
- Level 1- BS degree in Engineering (Mechanical or related), from an accredited university, with at least 6 years of design experience.
- Level 2 - BS degree in Engineering (Mechanical or related), from an accredited university, with at least 9 years of design experience.
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- US citizenship required.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Secret level security clearance.
- Detailed design experience of a machined part, components and assemblies.
- Understanding of material properties and welding design.
- Ability to calculate stress in components and assemblies.
- ASME Y14.5 geometric dimensioning & tolerancing experience.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory guides, codes, and standards, as well as Bechtel Corporate guides and standards.
- Broad knowledge of the application of Mechanical engineering design principles as applied to machine design.
Shaping tomorrow together Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
- Prior work experience in execution center environment and demonstrated flexibility in work assignments.
- MS degree in Mechanical or related Engineering, from an accredited university.
- Registered Professional Engineer in the USA (Mechanical or related Engineering).
- Working knowledge of the Siemens NX Automation tools.
- Working knowledge of ANSYS software for Finite Element Analysis.
- Experience working with procedures meeting quality assurance programs such as ASME-NQA-1, MIL-Q-9858A, or ISO-9000.
- Possess an active security clearance.
www.bechtel.com Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age,national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law),protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.