Waynesboro, Georgia, United States
Waynesboro, Georgia, United States
Skills: Legal, Contracts Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Waynesboro, Georgia, United States
Requisition ID: 234058
Requisition Posting End Date:
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in Infrastructure; Mining and Metals; Nuclear, Security and Environmental; and Oil, Gas, and Chemicals. Today, our colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
- Gather and compile support data for the preparation of documents and the administration of (sub)contracts.
- Assist (Sub)Contract Manager or (Sub)Contract Administrators in completion of the various administrative tasks required by the Contract/Subcontract Management Manual; Standard Work Process Procedures and automated (sub)contract management systems.
- Monitor areas of (sub)contract performance and coordinates with Contract Technical Representative (CTR) on operational activities affecting contractual rights and obligations, performance, and administration.
- Responsible for negotiating and obtaining a settlement on submitted proposals and change order requests (CORs).
- Conduct investigations and inquiries into specific (sub) contract problems, as assigned.
- Organize materials for the preparation of meetings, presentations and training sessions; and prepares material for weekly and monthly reporting to Customer
- Assist in the preparation of periodic status reports.
- Level 1: Bachelor's degree in a related field plus a minimum of 1 year of construction type subcontract administration related experience or in lieu of a degree, 7 plus years of professional related experience.
- Level 2: Bachelor's degree in a related field plus a minimum of 3 years construction type subcontract administration related experience or in lieu of degree, 9 plus years of professional related experience.
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
- Must be able to obtain a site security badge for access to the worksite.
- Demonstrated administrative, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including proficiency in Word and Excel (e.g., developing formulas and using Excel to complete analytical verification).
- Some basic knowledge of contract types, terms and legal requirements and working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices.
- Some basic knowledge of the law, negotiations, accounting or cost engineering gained through education or experience.
- Experience in developing and recommending potential solutions to management.
- Experience in analysis of submitted invoices.
- Experience in developing/administering contract types, fee arrangements and contract terms.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age,national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law),protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.