Richland, Washington, United States
Richland, Washington, United States
Skills: Operations Management
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Richland, Washington, United States
Requisition ID: 233959
Requisition Posting End Date: 04/15/2021
Bechtel is designing, constructing, and commissioning the world's largest radioactive-waste treatment plant for the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) in southeastern Washington State. The project will use vitrification technology to process and stabilize 56 million gallons (212 million liters) of radioactive and chemical waste stored at the Hanford Site which is a byproduct of plutonium production during World War II and the Cold War era.
The cleanup project is one of DOE's most technically challenging and the largest undertaking of its kind-equivalent to building two nuclear power plants. The construction site spans 65 acres (26 hectares) and includes facilities for pretreatment, low-activity waste vitrification, high-level waste vitrification, and the analytical laboratory - as well as operations and maintenance buildings, utilities, and other support facilities.
Positions located at the Construction Site (22 miles north of Richland) work a 4 x 10 schedule, M-Th, 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Other work locations may work a 9-80's schedule, M-F 7:00 am to 4:30 pm with alternating Fridays off.
Bechtel's Waste Treatment Plant (WTP) Projectis currently seeking an InfrastructureOperations Analyst to join the IS&T Operations and Systems team. The ideal candidate, in addition to meeting all the minimum qualifications and having advanced technical capabilities, will be a self-starter and possess strong oral and written communication skills.Along with teammates, serves as advanced technical support providing specialized assistance and planning guidance to the rest of The Project and other IS&T departments. Team members work closely with peer organizations within other areas of Bechtel's global IT group on the development and testing of infrastructure and workload management systems. As part of normal job duties, employees may be required to be in an on-call status to be able to promptly respond to and address user/customer needs.
- Support general system administration operations, maintenance, and monitoring
- Maintains highly available, enterprise technologies within computing, storage infrastructure, and networking infrastructure
- Maintains the data backup and recovery system and is responsible for disaster recovery planning and execution
- Performs moderately complex assignments that require initiative and independent judgment in the selection and use of established principles and procedures.
- Provides highly automated processes for workload provisioning, configuration management, and resource reclamation.
- Performs specific tasks while utilizing established information technology standards and methods. Works with clients to define timeframe requirements.
- Responds to customers' needs, questions, and concerns in an accurate, effective, and timely manner and expedites corrective actions.
- Works with server, networking, and backup infrastructure Points of Contact both inside and outside of the project organization.
- Coordinates Installation Package deployment testing against standard computer configurations.
- BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field from an accredited college or university with 6 years of related experience.In lieu of a degree 12 years of related experience
- Candidates must have the legal right to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical (if located at the jobsite), and background check which includes verification of employment and education
- Ability to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access to the Hanford Site.
- Highly motivated and self-starting, should have a proactive approach to resolving issues and working with limited supervision.
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and implement it effectively.
- Ability to handle customer interactions in an accurate, effective, and timely manner.
- Strong IT Troubleshooting skills.
- Familiar with client and server communications in an ethernet environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, comfortable working in teams.
- Innovative and assertive in proposing and implementing new ideas or processes
- Advanced in storage administration hardware
- Advanced in storage operations and maintenance, creating shares, volumes, and permissions
- Advanced in Netapp Ontap-SVM, Snapmirrior replication
- Experienced in Vmware Vsphere 6.x
- Experienced in Vmware Horizon View 7.x, UAG, and Virtual Desktops
- Experienced in VMware principles
- Experienced in Zero Client and Teradici
- Advanced Knowledge of current Microsoft Operating systems like Windows 10, 2008, 2012, 2016, and 2019 Server.
- Familiar in practice with disaster recovery planning and execution.
- Advanced Knowledge of data backup and recovery solutions.
- Candidate is VMware VCP certified
- Candidate is Netapp NCDA certified
- Experienced with software installation\management principles.
- Familiar with Linux server operating systems.
- Familiar with Netapp HCI computing technology
- Intermediate networking administration
- Familiar with Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switching technologies
- Familiar with Cisco Firepower FTD or ASA technology and operations
- Intermediate networking knowledge of VLAN, Trunking, Spanning-Tree, OSPF routing, static routing, NAT'ing
- Familiar with various telecommunication mediums such as fiber and Cat5e/Cat6
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age,national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law),protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.