Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
This is a long-term contract position based in Medicine Hat. This position provides analytical and financial expertise to the client site.
- Responsible for site capital program: budget, forecast and monthly reporting
- Work with and Project Leads optimizing processes and reporting in support of project cost management
- Maintain fixed assets register and depreciation schedules including major components, installed cost, in service date and useful life to accounting standards and property tax assessment guidelines
- Manage commercial arrangements, build strong business relationships and monitor to ensure economically sound - C02, Utilities
- Maintain complete contracts register
- Ensure financial terms and conditions of new contracts are communicated and understood by the Finance team
- Perform economic evaluations for projects and operational strategies as needed -
- Understand provincial property and machinery & equipment assessment reporting requirements and complete annual submission
- Review City of Medicine Hat tax assessments for accuracy
- Review key business processes, identifying system and process improvement opportunities
- Ensure the client maintains accurate general ledger balances and financial reports by preparation and entering of journal entries and accurate reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- 3 years experience in a similar accounting position
- Degree in business, finance and/or economics
- Previous experience in an oil & gas, petrochemical or other complex process oriented organization
- Experience with fixed asset accounting, project cost management and municipal tax act
- Knowledge of accounting principles and standards including International Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Proficient in the use of financial software and MS Office
- Knowledge of SOX legislation and internal controls
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.