Skills: Project Management, Project Controls
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom
Primat Recruitment is looking for a Senior Project Manager to work with one of the world leading Energy company, for a provisional 6-month contract based in Glasgow.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for managing and controlling one of the Offshore project development activities within the UK, to ensure delivery of agreed milestones.
- Develop the project to secure consents, land agreements and ongoing consents compliance to ensure delivery of the ScottishPower Renewables objectives
- Plan and manage the resources required to deliver the agreed developments to meet operational needs
- Manage and develop assistant projects manager(s)
- Liaise with cross function teams to facilitate decisions and resolve escalated portfolio/project risks and issues
- Drive project performance to ensure quality and cost targets are being met
- Create and manage mechanisms to ensure that knowledge and best practice is shared between projects
- Establish strong relationships with all major stakeholders including Regulators, Planning Authorities, Governments, Consultees, Communities, landowners, land agents, legal advisors, sub consultants and suppliers
- Ensure external consultants and suppliers deliver to agreed specifications, programmes and costs
- Manage effective procurement processes.
- Ensure Project budget controls are effectively managed
- Management of the necessary processes and controls to ensure the effective development of the project to meet business planning and contractual requirements.
Skills & Requirements
- Proven delivery track record of managing large scale development projects
- Experience within project/development management environment, ideally in commercially focused renewables business with offshore development and consenting experience.
- Experience in managing a skilled team with the ability to motivate and develop direct reports.
- Technical and commercial awareness of large scale Energy/ Engineering projects
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and within a highly pressured environment
- Influencing, negotiating and communication skills
- Ability to collaborative and develop strong working relationships with partner companies