Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The purpose of this position is to assist and be responsible for small to medium size projects with the timely provision of engineering deliverables i.e review of design specification, part numbers, BOMS and drawing calculations, review of design analysis while also meeting all other required outcomes to meet/exceed and support business needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Individual contributor who can work independently under limited supervision.
* Can manage and navigate ambiguous projects with minimal support from more experienced persons.
* Experienced professional with adequate understanding of one's own job area.
* Can provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Read and interpret customer and industry (ASME, API, NACE etc) specification and provide technical information to meet the customer's requirements and Company commitments
- Provision of customer specific designs based on standard products
- Create part numbers and bills of materials in an ERP system
- Create manufacturing drawings for machining parts
- Interpret basic finite element analysis results/reports.
- Create standard engineering specifications
- Identify material and coating solutions.
- Coordinate with offshore design office for work their assignments.
- Coordinate with other worldwide locations to support their engineering needs.
- Conduct product testing on as needed basis.
- Interface with customer to receive their project/design requirements, discuss design options and provide engineering related project updates.
- Assist with other planned/un-planned activities to ensure the smooth running of the department/site, as necessary.
- Support other functions to enable a successful (safe, on time, with high quality and on budget) project execution.
- Identify opportunities for improvement of Oceaneering's products and/or processes
- Support the execution of Product and/or Process Improvement Projects, as necessary.
- Support/Mentor/Coach team members as necessary.
- Participate in HSE Awareness - Observation Cards, HSE Safety Suggestions
- Competent in related IT or other systems including word, excel and work specific platforms.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.]
- Ensure any work-related concerns or breaches in business standards are highlighted to Management in a timely manner and in accordance with any relevant procedures or processes.
- Displays required levels of engagement and a positive `can-do` attitude while consistently supporting Oceaneering culture of Safety, Quality, ongoing learning and continual improvement.
- Any other roles or tasks as required to support our business needs including carrying out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Technical Director
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace or Civil with knowledge of traditional stress analysis techniques.
- 3-7 years of related experience
- Working knowledge of Industry codes ASME Section VIII, ASME B31.8, ASME B31.3, API 6A,
- Application knowledge of standard carbon steel and stainless steel materials, standard NDE practices and mechanical testing.
- Ability to be an individual contributor at appropriate level.
- Ability to apply basic knowledge to job under general supervision.
- Contributes to completion of routine tasks.
- Explains basic facts, practices and policies to internal/external parties.
- Previous experience in a related environment is necessary
- Experience working in the Oil & Gas, Manufacturing or related industry is desirable.
- Chartered engineer
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Experience in similar piping or Oil & Gas field
- AutoCAD Inventor
- All other related systems required to perform the role including Microsoft and or Google based platforms
- Strong customer focus
- Contract review
- Excellent communication skills - oral and written
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Time Management
- Ability to write reports and design calculations
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Flexible working approach
- Team Worker
- Highly motivated
This position is considered mainly office work but with a requirement to work in shop floor or other environments from time to time as/when required which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Sit with back supported
- Repetitive movements of arms and handsLift up to 10 pounds
- Standing Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.