Skills: Project Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Ware, England, United Kingdom
Wood Process & Energy are seeking a Project Engineer to join us on a Staff basis. The role will be based on a client site in Ware and would welcome applications from candidates with a strong background in Pharmaceauticals or FMCG.
- Coordinates a series of activities performed by engineers, designers and others from multiple engineering disciplines to support the timely issuing of engineering deliverables to meet project specifications.
- Ensures engineering disciplines comply with all applicable quality and HSE requirements in preparation of deliverables
- Schedule preparation, planning and resource forecasting for engineering activities relating to the project
- Ensures accurate and timely delivery of work and resolves minor delays and change to the satisfaction of both internal and external customers.
- Alerts Project Manager in the event of major delays or change; revises scope and supports implementation of approved changes.
- Coordinates and assures technical excellence of interdisciplinary project deliverables
- Fully proficient with the Technical contents of engineering deliverables like Line List, Equipment List, Tie-in List, Tie-in Schedule, BEDD etc.
- Prepares project plans and multi-discipline documents such as basis of design, subcontract scopes of work.
- Coordinates inputs from multidisciplinary engineering teams in one office location, OR from a single discipline team across multiple execution centres
- Coordinate inputs to and issue engineering deliverables such as Designs, Reports etc, ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- Execute assigned project scope in accordance with the project engineering manhour budget and schedule requirements
- Implement the engineering workshare strategies for multi-centre execution projects for assigned project scope, responsible for the quality of the Project Engineering deliverables prepared by the workshare centre.
- Coordinate engineering activities performed by others
- Under guidance, prepares project-specific procedures
- Report on progress issues.
Skills / Qualifications
- HND / HNC in a relevant Engineering discipline
Minimum Experience & Skills:
- Demonstrable experience in the management of multi disciplined pharmaceutical projects or other relevant industries is strongly preferred
- Practiced in project control mechanisms and with commercial and technical risk assessments
- Excellent communications skills
- Practitioner in risk management processes
- Strong effective delegation skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.