Kenai, Alaska, United States
Kenai, Alaska, United States
Skills: Driller, Coil Tubing
Other Skills: Coiled Tubing Experience
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Kenai, Alaska, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Job Title: Coiled Tubing Operator
Location: Remote Alaska
Reports To: Rig Manager
Schedule: 2/2 Rotation; Variable Hours
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Job Title Code
Nordic Calista, a recognized service provider in Alaska, is looking for experienced coiled tubing operators. The incumbent will be working as part of a team preparing/commissioning the equipment onshore in Kenai, Alaska, after which the equipment is mobilized to the offshore platform. Offshore, the incumbent will assist in the rigging up and operation of the coiled tubing unit and will be a key player in the success of the drilling of the multi-lateral well.
- Plan and organize daily work.
- Calculate volumes, weights, pipe displacement, and torque ratings for downhole tool components and bit sizes.
- Operate the coiled tubing unit.
- Maintain and conduct general upkeep of equipment.
- Create and organize paperwork including job tickets and paperwork upon completion of each shift.
- Assist in daily activities planning with customer on job site.
- Communicate with internal and external customers while maintaining open line of communication with management during and after job completion.
- Work effectively with other field hands to ensure quality operations at all times.
- Perform and assume other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Able to perform all work and communicate with others in a professional demeanor at all times.
- Knowledge and understanding of equipment hydraulics, preventative maintenance and repairs that can be done on site.
- Knowledge of coiled tubing capabilities.
- Knowledge and understanding of well control and downhole hydraulics.
- Knowledge and understanding of how to use calculations needed to perform essential functions.
- Familiarity and ability to continue advancing knowledge with systems such as CTES Orion.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze problems from data and to identify root causes and provide efficient solutions.
- Ability to safely work in an unfatigued manner at all times.
- Ability to cope and adapt to sudden changes in surrounding or emergency situations.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and to retain and recall instructions in short term memory.
- At least five years of Coiled Tubing Drilling experience
- Valid IWCF well control certification
- Ability to pass a drug screening, physical and background screening.
- Valid driver's license
Remote, industrial (noisy, wet, oily steel floor) environment frequently exposed to extreme weather conditions both on and offshore and may require work at various heights on the rig.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must not be mentally or physically impaired from any cause that can adversely affect the employee's ability to safely and completely perform the duties of the position
Preference will be given to Calista shareholders and their descendants and spouses, and to shareholders of other corporations created pursuant to the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act, in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003-2(i).
Additionally, Nordic Calista's policy is to select, place, train and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status. When applicable, Nordic Calista's policy of non-discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, placement, layoff, compensation, termination, reduction in force and benefits.
It is Nordic Calista's business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements for performance of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.