London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Business Analyst, Energy / Commodity Trading, Technical Manager
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal/Associate Director Wind Advisory Consultant to be based in our UK team and operate across the Europe, Middle East and APAC region. The role can be based in any of our UK offices (London, Reading, Bristol, Glasgow, Newcastle upon Tyne, Leamington Spa, Birmingham, Knutsford, Shrewsbury or Leeds)
Wood offers services across the project lifecycle and have advised on >700 projects with a generating capacity of >120GW including the largest commercial wind turbine, largest offshore wind farm, 1st commercial floating wind project and Europe's largest wind farm. We develop and own our own technology and through our extensive research and development programme have delivered cutting edge industry led research. Wood's consultancy practice operates across the wind consultancy project lifecycle from initial due diligence to development, operation and asset management phases of wind assets.
The successful candidate will have an existing material reputation in the UK, Europe or global wind due diligence market and will be charged with:
- Winning work: supported by our team, you will be responsible for winning new work to add to our considerable portfolio;
- Delivering outstanding solutions: delivering client focused due diligence wind projects, which meet or exceed our clients expectations which might include providing engineering input from initial assessment, through to technical and economic feasibility, due diligence, construction monitoring, acceptance and operation monitoring;
- Managing delivery outcomes: managing multi-disciplinary project teams to deliver our scopes of work on budget, on time and to a high level of quality; and,
- Client relationships: acting as main interface in managing key client relationships.
Key responsibilities include managing due diligence projects to a high standard, both technically and commercially, while leveraging your existing renewables industry contacts to help win work, increase the profile of our business and deliver outstanding client facing solutions.
In addition to the high level responsibilities set out above, this post will be responsible for:
- Project managing of due diligence projects for multiple purposes, such as lender's technical advisor, acquisition advisor or vendor advisor
- Disseminating knowledge to team members and support junior staff in their technical knowledge development
- Developing client relationships
- Managing and delivering winning proposals
- Industry profile - support and fully participate in the development and delivery of activities to increase Wood's industry profile
- Written and verbal communication of technical detail to a non-technical audience.
- Quality assurance of technical reports as part of team QA process
- Leading technical/commercial tenders according to requests
- Awareness of the market and on-going innovation in technology and research
- Review and prepare technical documents including specifications, reports, proposals, calculations and contracts
- Site visits in the UK and abroad
- Provide technical support to clients
- Technical assessment of onshore and offshore wind turbines and BOP equipment
- Other ad hoc activities as and when required
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Experience
- Previous experience working in consultancy and / or project development / investor environment, primarily in a role delivering services related to onshore wind and offshore wind
- Previous experience in conducting lenders or acquisition technical advisor assignments
- Understanding of technical and commercial aspects of renewable energy infrastructure projects (including project finance)
- Demonstrable experience in technical offshore wind role, either for a consultancy or developer
- Supporting strategy and tactical actions - demonstrate vision to help set the strategic business targets and orienting and the team to achieve our goals.
- Leading team development and delivering winning proposals to secure an increasing market share
- Technical advisory and/or due diligence- including: risk analysis (specifically QRA), techno-economic modelling, supply, construction and operations contracts, technology assessment
- Collaboration - experienced at networking, negotiation and fostering working relationships between different teams and offices
- European language skills
- Degree in a highly numerate discipline (e.g. engineering, physics, mathematics, computer science)
- Post-graduate qualification appropriate to the discipline (e.g. renewable energy)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.