Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Redcar, England, United Kingdom
Wood is seeking a JMS Mechanical Planning Contractor for a project based in Teesside. The Ideal candidate must have extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. The position will be for an initial 3 months.
You will be accountable to the Senior Scheduler and be responsible for the following:-
- Preparation of Job Method Sheets / work packs in accordance with clients' job specification.
- Implementation of Site Planning Policy Document.
- Daily progress update for Area during Turnaround.
- Production of late, extra and additional work specifications.
- Control of extra work registers for execution area.
- Management of control sheets for execution area.
- Liase directly with clients' representatives on procedures, and systems such as modification, vessel repairs, etc.
- Assist Sub-contract Administrator in compilation of enquiry documents.
Skills / Qualifications
- Experience in the Petrochemical industry.
- Engineering / Mechanical background required.
- PC Literacy in basic software packages e.g Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of PIC's system (but not essential)
- Communication - convey essential information across different multi level functions
- Knowledge of Turnaround methodology,
- Knowledge and planning of multi-discipline activities in turnarounds.
- Working appreciation of engineering standards.
- Application of quality and information systems.
- Ability to self manage.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.