Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
Wood's Environmental and Infrastructure division is seeking a Junior Mechanical Designer to join our Kennesaw, GA office and become an integral member of our mechanical engineering team. This position is responsible for providing mechanical engineering support for major projects.
- Investigation of existing systems/operations and identify equipment and processes for design modification.
- Design of Military, industrial and commercial mechanical systems
- Design of facility HVAC, fuels and plumbing systems.
- Preparation of construction drawings and specifications.
- Ability to work in support of lead mechanical engineers and assist project management team.
- Must be able to understand, develop and follow detailed project plans and schedules Must be able to effectively communicate and assure schedule and budget compliance for all assigned engineering tasks
- Performs field exploration, inspections, analysis; provide technical support with minimal supervision.
- Acts as a data gatherer; prepares charts; runs heating and cooling load programs.
- Performs field energy testing; uses equipment and instrumentation.
- Interprets data and test results.
- Prepares field reports, internal correspondence, sections of formal reports.
- With experience, may supervise subcontractors and/or company employees.
- Follows company safety standards, site safety standards, and provides all required permitting.
- Contacts vendors; researches literature and regulatory requirements.
- Conducts engineering, scientific and routine calculations.
- Prepares and evaluates data sets
- Assists in preparing reports and proposal writing
Skills / Qualifications
- Pursuing BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 1 to 5 years of design experience.
- Valid driver's license
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Ability to pass background check, motor vehicle record report and other requirements to work at Federal installations and other secure facilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering and scientific principles
- Ability to interface with client effectively and efficiently
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record
- Demonstrated experience with facility HVAC and plumbing systems considered a plus.
- Working knowledge of processes including steam systems, compressed air systems, boiler and chiller plants considered a plus.
- EIT or FE
- Prior experience conducting heating and cooling calculations
- Prior experience designing and specifying plumbing, HVAC, fuel systems, and fire protection systems
- Prior experience performing energy audits and related calculations
- Experience auditing and designing temperature controls systems
- AUTOCAD experience developing drawings for plumbing and HVAC systems
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.