Skills: Pipeline Operator
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Runge, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for Pipeline Operators with a fast-proven record of accomplishments to support operations in Runge, TX. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation, LTD/STD and more. ***Candidates must live within a 60 mile radius***
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
This position is responsible for the safe and efficient use of the equipment and appurtenances utilized by a pipeline operator to ensure the facilities/sites are running proficiently. These facilities are designed to be used under certain operating limits with protective devices provided to minimize the hazards the facilities may pose to the public, property, and the environment. Operators must know the operating limits and should make responsible checks with the assistance of technicians at regular intervals to assure that the protective devices are functioning properly. Operators shall also be accountable for checking the integrity of the system to prevent thefts or minimize commodity outages.
All the following knowledge is necessary so when abnormal conditions occur, or situations that could lead to an emergency arise, they will be recognized by the Pipeline Operator.
- Acquire knowledge of each type of equipment involved in operations.
- Be thoroughly familiar with normal operations of the system.
- Know the general flow-pressure relationships during all combinations of normal multistation operations, as well as:
- Receiving and sending scrapers through the system
- ESD of Pipeline
- Be familiar with procedures, manuals, and instructions relating to the safe use of station and related pipeline facilities.
- Be thoroughly familiar with this American Midstream Operation and Maintenance Manual , the Emergency Response Action Plan , and any special instructions issued by the Company for the safe operation of the pipeline system.
- Periodically review the above documents and suggest changes in procedures where the safety and integrity of the pipeline system can be improved.
As well as familiarity with the county maps and records of the pipeline system is essential to minimize the time required to locate and use the information provided by them. Maps and drawings for the pipeline(s) are maintained at Pipeline Office. Maps construction records and operating history will be made available during maintenance and normal operation.
- Acquire knowledge of:
- Flow diagrams
- GPS Coordinates
- Maps or schematic drawings that show the location or arrangement of pertinent piping, breakout tanks, pump stations, pigging facilities, valves, right-of-way, and overpressure safety devices in the system.
- Maps that show crossings of public roads, railroads, rivers, buried utilities, and foreign pipelines.
- Facilities which are not equipped to fail safe - in the case of an incident, AMID will make every effort to respond to facilities.
- Documents which indicate the MOP of each pipeline
- Documents which show the diameter, grade, type, and nominal wall thickness of all pipeline.
Skills / Qualifications
This position may be exposed to a variety of conditions including weather extremes, and loud noises. Must be available for callout.
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one to two years of related work experience; three years preferred.
- Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.