This is a contract position on an ongoing basis requiring about 15 to 20 hours per week. The client is based in the Edmonton area but the position is anticipated to be fully remote. We are in the early stages and anticipating a start date sometime around June. Duties
- Compile technical specs, procedures, process documentation and standardize them for publication and distribution within the client
- Utilize the client's existing documentation policies and systems to execute deliverables
- Liaise with client project managers, discipline leads, operations staff and technical experts and incorporate their insights into documentation
- Prepare draft documentation for review by stakeholders
- Be willing to travel to site if necessary to meet with relevant parties
- Learn client operations and technical terminology
- Utilized document management systems to properly store written material
- Post-secondary education in business, engineering or communication
- Experience in technical writing with a client base that includes engineering, operations, maintenance in complex oil & gas facilities
- Experience working with technical specifications, policies, procedures
- Able to produce written material for diverse groups such as engineering, operations, commercial and government/regulatory
- Able to develop and use templates to standardize written materials
- Advanced skills in the MS Office Suite of products
- Experience in document sharing software
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.