Learn morePosition Specific Description
Supports Corporate Security department by analyzing business processes and practices in an effort to focus the design and implementation of information technology solutions that meet customer needs and business initiatives. The NextEra Energy Corporate Security Department provides comprehensive enterprise wide security monitoring accomplished by a 24/7 Security Operations Center. The IT Systems Administrator position provides systems technology support to the security department. This includes, but is not limited to, support of the enterprise surveillance video management system, physical access control system, alarm monitoring and server management. Position requires the ability to participate in a scheduled 24/7 on-call rotation.
•Responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining computing infrastructure, operating systems and/or middleware products on all computer platforms including workstations, laptops, various mobile computing systems and servers. This is accomplished thru support of 24 X 7 business processes and in support of our commercial security related technical systems.
•Identifies application integrations and other interface requirements for all supported applications and platforms.
•Design, configure and implement intrusion detection systems, video analytics and other CCTV functions.
• Responsible for troubleshooting, configuration and implementation of physical security perimeters in the access control, video management, and burglar alarm system.
•Responsible for support of the Security Operations Center in Juno Beach with technical issues.
• Responsible for documenting Systems Support processes as well as physical security perimeters with access control points, cameraviews, etc. to meet regulations and internal specifications.
• Responsible to update company's internal website and Microsoft SharePoint sites.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience is required
- 1+ years of project management experience
- Current MCSA / MCSE certified is preferred
- Experience with NERC CIP Compliance preferred
- Experience with MS SQL databases is preferred
- CISSP, MCP, Network+, and/or Security+ certifications are a plus
- Experience with Internet Information Server, Web, SMTP is preferred
- Experience building and maintaining systems including:
- Architecting and implementing enterprise systems
- Maximize system availability and performance through fault-tolerant configuration, efficient network architecture, and proactive server monitoring
- Able to lead enterprise and mid-level projects
- Proficiency in access control/intrusion detection systems
- Outstanding customer service skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills.
This position installs, configures, and maintains computing infrastructure, operating systems, and middleware products on all computer platforms, including mainframes, workstations, and servers - including web servers - in support of 24-hour-per-day, seven-day-per-week business processes. Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Evaluates, implements, and modifies operating system software parameters and product solutions for optimum performance
• Identifies integration and other interface requirements for all supported products and platforms
• Serves as a technical escalation point for technicians and customers
• Troubleshoots hardware, system and application issues
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience: 3+ years Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree Employee Group:
Florida Power & Light Company
Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations:
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.
#LI-DS1Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market: