Skills: Painting / Coating / Blasting, Field Service Tech
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Monaca, Pennsylvania, United States
Requisition ID: 234030
Requisition Posting End Date: 04/13/2021
Pennsylvania Chemicals is a world-scale facility that will use ethane to produce 1.6 million tonnes of polyethylene per year. The project will involve up to 6,000 workers during its construction and is expected to employ 600 permanent employees when completed. The ethylene / polyethylene complex will be located in the Ohio River Valley north of Pittsburgh. It comprises an ethane cracker and three polyethylene units, plus OSBL including a gas-fired combined cycle cogeneration unit and a large storage-in-transit rail yard.
The Insulation/Coatings/Fire-proofing Field Engineer reports to the Area Field Engineer and is responsible for the technical oversight of all insulation, coatings and fire-proofing activities within their respected area. This scope will expand to the entire job site as needed and directed by the Lead Field Engineer - CIF. The selected applicant shall support the Superintendents responsible for executing the insulation, coatings and fire-proofing work. He/she is responsible for the execution of the following activities:
• Work with superintendents to develop detailed work packages and installation schedules for insulation, coatings and fire-proofing commodities.
• Develop and implement Inspection and Test Plans for each major activity
• Inspection of field installations and completion of associated documentation.
• Responsible for quantity take-off, control, reporting and forecasting for all relevant commodities.
• Prepare field change documentation and as-built documentation as required.
• Interface with engineering office to resolve design and constructability issue.
• Assist civil field engineers and superintendents in constructability and quality issues.
• Initiate and submit works packages to release various commodities for insulation, coating and/or fireproofing work to supervision.
• Work with the suppliers and subcontractors to ensure compliance with project drawings and specifications.
• Prepare material requisitions, coordinate and review vendor drawings.
• Work with Procurement's expediting team to ensure the delivery of vendor materials to support the projects schedule.
• Interpret design drawings.
• Complete insulation and fireproofing material take-offs.
• Provide technical support for the administration of the subcontract for insulation supply and installation
• Monitor, inspect and verify subcontractor work to ensure adherence to project drawings and specifications.
• Assure that materials are stored properly to ensure environmental protection.
• Complete Material receipt inspections as required.
• Reviews specifications, inspection reports, delivery schedules, instruction manuals and technical data.
• Assist with preparation of construction estimates.
• Recommend design or installation improvements to improve safety on the project.
• Ensure that relevant inspection documentation is completed accurately and submitted to support system turnovers and completion and turnover walk-down inspections are completed for assigned systems.
Qualifications and Skills
• University/B.S degree in Civil or Structural Engineering is desired but may be waived if equivalent industry experience can be demonstrated.
• 6 years minimum experience in design, application and/or inspection of insulation, protective coatings and fireproofing systems
• Experience specifying coatings for a variety of materials and how coating compatibilities work
• Experience with fire-proofing and fire-resistant systems
• Familiar with material insulation and insulation systems
• Experience specific to cryogenic insulation design, installation and/or inspection is a definite asset.
• NACE certification is recommended but not required
• Experience working in direct hire and subcontract construction environments is preferred.
• Understanding of applicable Bechtel work processes including Standard Work Process Procedures is preferred.
• Experience in oil, gas, refinery, petrochemical, minerals processing or power generating station construction is preferred.
• Familiarity with Bechtel Standard Applications (BSAPs) including InfoWorks, TEAMWorks, BPS, PTR, eSub and other automation tools which are used on Bechtel projects is an asset.
• Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
• Working knowledge of applicable industry codes and standards.
• Excellent communication and problem-solving ability
• All applicants must have the right to work and remain in the United States.
Work includes field inspections and the physical ability to conduct field inspections which require the following activities:extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, working on elevated platforms, working on uneven surfaces, and working in small or confined spaces. Some lifting may be required. Must have the ability to walk into and out of the project (enter/egress). Must be able to use appropriate standard issued personal protective equipment (PPE) required for each assigned task (i.e. body harness, life vest, etc.)
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age,national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law),protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.