Skills: Pipe Inspection / NDT
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Monaca, Pennsylvania, United States
Requisition ID: 233922
Requisition Posting End Date: 04/13/2021
Pennsylvania Chemicals is a world-scale facility that will use ethane to produce 1.6 million tonnes of polyethylene per year. The project will involve up to 6,000 workers during its construction and is expected to employ 600 permanent employees when completed. The ethylene / polyethylene complex will be located in the Ohio River Valley north of Pittsburgh. It comprises an ethane cracker and three polyethylene units, plus OSBL including a gas-fired combined cycle cogeneration unit and a large storage-in-transit rail yard.
• The Superintendent - Pipe Testing (Lead) is responsible for supervising and directing operations within the piping testing discipline on nightshift.
• Ensures assigned construction operations and contractors performance are in compliance with specifications and within schedules and budgets.
• Strong technical knowledge of pipe hydrotesting and pneumatic pipe testing processes and work steps, including disassembly and re-instatement of pipe systems.
• Experienced with torque and tensioning methods of bolted flange connections. Excellent problem-solving ability along with experience of safety/quality protocols.
• Assists construction superintendents in planning and assembling of pipe test packages using the proper construction methods and procedures. Coordinates and resolves engineering or construction problems with superintendents as required ensuring the work packages are clearly understandable.
• Establishes procedures on testing of piping systems.
• Responsible for the development of pneumatic and hydro-test packages and responsible for verifying and witnessing acceptance of tests.
• Performs inspections of all piping work in progress on a continuing basis, witnesses tests and completes final P&ID check prior to turnover.
• Develops punch lists and monitors completion of punch items.
• Assists in securing the necessary client acceptance documentation for record.
• Prepares and has full responsibility for managing piping QC records to ensure that they are fully completed and properly submitted in a timely manner to Document Control.
• Inspect site for unsafe conditions and practices and take appropriate corrective action
• to correct breaches.
• Coordinate safety training and enforce safe work practices at all times in conjunction
• with the Environmental Safety and Health Supervisor.
• Champion the cause of ZERO Accident Philosophy.
• Ensure that Bechtel and local/national safety codes, requirements and standards are
• being complied with within assigned area of responsibility.
• Responsible for supervising and directing craft supervisor capacity within the piping
• Ensure the most current design document specifying pipe hangers and inline components
• is provided to subcontractor to complete work and that all design changes are
• approved prior to implementation.
• Monitor the activities of subcontractors to ensure compliance with specifications and
• Responsible for the cost, schedule and optimization of craft labor and maintaining the
• four-week look ahead schedule for labor and equipment.
• Interface with Labor/Industrial Relations for craft recruitment and training programs.
• Responsible for implementing corporate project policies, procedures and instructions within
• assigned piping operations.
• Coordinate with the General Foreman to hire piping craft labor to execute work.
• Coordinate established area operational plans.
• Lead the preparation of the four-week schedule and budget control with assistance
• from Project Controls.
• Provide input to quantity tracking application and report weekly installed quantities
• to Project Controls.
• Prepare material requisitions for tools and consumables and coordinate through
• Procurement to obtain these materials.
• Assist in performing construction testing of piping systems as required.
• Prepare reports and forecasts, including summary of construction progress, craft
• personnel forecasts, and expenditures forecasts.
• Plan the manpower and equipment required to execute the job.
• Perform employee reviews and identify training and development opportunities for
• subordinate piping personnel.
• Perform other duties as required by management.
Qualifications and Skills:
• 10-15 years relevant experience in the absence of a degree.
• Knowledge of construction technologies.
• Knowledge of supervisory functions relating to field activities.
• Familiarity with current industry quality standards.
• Demonstrated commitment to Environment, Safety and Health (ES&H). Demonstrable
• commitment to a Zero Accident safety program.
• Extensive experience in piping construction on large projects.
Work includes field inspections and the physical ability to conduct field inspections which require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, working on elevated platforms, working on uneven surfaces and working in small or confined spaces. Some lifting may be required. Must have the ability to walk into and out of the project (enter/egress). Must be able to use appropriate standard issued Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) required for each assigned task (i.e. harness, life vest, lift buckets, etc.).
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age,national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law),protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.