Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Wellesley, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is currently looking for an experienced Senior Site Electrical Engineer who is interested in a short term site-based role (with the potential to extend) Drive in Drive Out or local to Bunbury region. You will be part of a technical team delivering a world class Lithium project by providing solutions to Engineering problems during construction. Join our collaborative team, working side by side with a global specialist chemicals company on a new and innovative project in the growing Lithium resources market to design, engineer and construct a world class processing facility.
The greenfield project targeted to go into production in 2021 will produce Lithium Hydroxide Monohydrate from a 2 train processing plant with a forecasted 40,000 per annum (Tpa) output. Further expansion plans into 2025 may see a total production of 100,000 tonnes per annum for this world class project. The plant is being constructed at the Kemerton Strategic Industrial Area approximately 160 km south of Perth, Western Australia and 17 km north-east of the thriving regional centre of Bunbury.
Position Specifics and Deliverables:
- Provide solutions to engineering problems.
- Ensure that information flow to design and other disciplines serves to maximise output (clear, concise, correct and practical).
- Responsible for production and/or review of engineering deliverables including models, drawings, calculations, specifications, reports, evaluations etc.
- Provide technical support to the onsite construction teams, projects department and estimating department
- Review and approve vendor data
- Integrate vendor data into the project design
- Perform factory Acceptance Testing, site inspections and functionality testing.
- Beware of schedule and cost constraints and work within those constraints
- Input to capital estimates including quantity calculations
- Participate in professional development activities
- Commitment to zero harm by following HSSE procedures, protocols, and initiatives
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Eligibility for membership of the Institution of Engineers Australia
- Hold or willingness to obtain a Construction Induction Training Card
- Minimum of 10 years post-graduate experience
- Good organisational skills
- Demonstrated sound understanding of theoretical engineering principles
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, literacy and numerical skills.
- Well-developed computer skills and knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and engineering programs.
- Understanding of Australian and common International standards and regulatory authority requirements in the relevant processing sector.
- Ability to identify risks and work safely
- Good commercial awareness/risk management skills.
Candidates must have full working rights in Australia to be considered for this role and based in WA.
If you're an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer with site experience and available for a short term role, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now !
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.