Skills: Rotating Equipment, Civil Construction
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking to expand and develop its Places & Transport team within its Built Environment business. We are looking for a dynamic team player to lead the Traffic and Highway Engineering capability. The location of the role is flexible but you will work with teams predominantly in our London and Midlands offices. Office locations include, London, Reading, Birmingham, Leamington Spa, Shrewsbury, Newcastle, Knutsford, Bristol and Leeds.
Key clients include local authorities, Homes England, Defence Infrastructure Organisation, National Grid, International Financial Institutions and private developers.
You will play an important part in the continued growth of the team, identifying resource requirements and through the pursuit of business opportunities with both existing and new clients.
As a senior member of the team, you will be involved in the management of internal and external client relationships and the preparation of proposals and bids. You will also guide and review the work of less experienced staff.
Skills / Qualifications
Your role will involve leading the design development of traffic engineering and public realm projects from feasibility / outline design through to detailed design and implementation. Experience within a consultancy environment is a distinct advantage and local highway authority experience is also desirable. You will have experience of managing and contributing to multi-disciplinary projects and studies with knowledge and understanding of the planning field, dealing with, and managing the work of other specialists and less experienced members of the team. Key roles/responsibilities are as follows:
- Leading and managing traffic engineering and sustainable transport projects from feasibility through to detailed design and implementation;
- Leading the preparation of bids and fee proposals;
- Technical oversight of reports, drawings and be able to present to client/stakeholders;
- Ensuring technical content and deliverables are in line with project briefs and Wood's Quality Management System;
- Being a point of contact for client/stakeholder engagement;
- Liaising and coordinating projects between disciplines and other Wood offices; and
- Undertaking health, safety and welfare and fulfil Designer duties under CDM 2015.
Role requirements: In order to effectively carry out the key responsibilities the following minimum requirements will need to be demonstrated by candidates:
- Chartered engineer with a relevant professional institution;
- Commercial and technical management of projects;
- Technical knowledge of the development of highway schemes from inception to delivery including both preliminary and detail designs;
- Staff and team management;
- Preparation of fee proposals;
- Experience in section 38 and sections 278 agreements;
- Detailed knowledge of preparation of specifications and contract documents;
- Extensive experience of AutoCAD, AutoTrack, KeySign, KeyLine, Microsoft applications; and
- Technical knowledge and experience in the assessment and design of traffic engineering projects.
- Experienced in the application of design standards and current good practice in scheme design and development. This includes but is not limited to; DMRB, TSRGD, LCDS, MfS2, Traffic Signs Manual
- Knowledge of CDM regulations and its application in scheme delivery
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Local authority professional services framework experience
- Construction site supervision
- Highway design experience (Civils 3D, MX)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.