Skills: Maintenance Technician, Noise & Vibration Control
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood has an immediate requirement for a Condition Monitoring Technician to join our Rotating Equipment and Reliability team based in our centrally located Perth office.
This key positions support activities across a range of clients within the Mining and Oil & Gas sectors across Western Australia and offers a mix of site based work and Perth based consultancy activities.
VCAT1 Certification would be ideal and TCAT / LCAT certification is highly regarded.
At this time, we will only consider applications from Australian citizens or those holding a Permanent Residency (PR) visa who do not require company sponsorship to work lawfully in Australia. Applicants must currently be residing in Western Australia.
- Manage, implement and improve vibration, lubrication and thermography based predictive maintenance programs - including on-site data collection, analysis, and determination of recommendations for rotating equipment
- Assist with RCM (Reliability Centred Maintenance) and FMECA (Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analysis)
- Identify opportunities to improve client plant reliability, availability and/or performance, collaborating with clients to turn to their advantage
- Provide support, mentoring and technical reviews for colleagues in the group in predictive and preventive maintenance practices
- Execute maintenance strategies and programs for clients whilst seeking opportunities to improve them utilising the latest in data analytics techniques
- Assist with investigations, providing technical input for equipment failures and troubleshooting projects: alignments, balancing, ODS and RCA
Our ideal candidate will:
- Work with world-class industry experts who are pushing the edge of the technological envelope
- Focus on our clients needs and work to develop strong effective relationships
- Be a highly motivated and self-sufficient individual who thrives working autonomously and as a part of a supportive technical team
- Demonstrate agility, resilience and flexibility while dealing with a dynamically changing environment adapting to our clients needs and internal priorities
- Embrace and demonstrate a commitment to Wood's values, vision and behaviours
Skills / Qualifications
- 2+ years hands-on experience of managing and implementing predictive maintenance strategies, including vibration analysis, lubrication, thermography, alignment and balancing
- A high regard for, and practice of, safety and health at all times
- ISO VCAT2, TCAT / LCAT certification highly regarded
- Recent experience in the Mining, Utilities or Oil & Gas sectors are highly desirable
- Proficiency in the latest data analytics tools and techniques and a good working knowledge of a wide range of rotating / reciprocating equipment
- Experienced user of CMMS systems (e.g. SAP, Maximo, JDE)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.