Skills: Design Engineer, Drafting
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further…we are seeking individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable, and ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
Nabors owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Canrig Drilling Technology, with revenues of approximately $400M, provides equipment, tools, services, and software products to oil and gas companies worldwide to improve the safety and efficiency of the drilling process. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding.
Produces designs and detailed drawings for new components and modification to existing parts in conjunction with engineers to satisfy customer design requirements. He/she creates bills of material, engineering change notices and other documents as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Model mechanical design concepts using 3D Parametric software
- Produce detail drawings for new and existing components in accordance with drafting standards.
- Prepare ECN, bills of material (BOMs) and assembly drawings
- Create and update product details and BOMs in Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system
- Check drawings produced by other designers and drafters
- Create sketches, views or images for bulletins and other technical documents
- Provide technical support to Quality, Manufacturing and Marketing
- Interface with vendors and provide technical support
- Participate in company safety meetings and safety awareness
- Other duties maybe assigned
MInimum qualifications / SKILLS
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree with 2-4 years of design experience
- Associate degree (or equiv.) in engineering technology and 4 years of design experience, or
- Minimum 2 years of design experience with 8 years of drafting experience
- Ability to read, comprehend and write in English.
- Ability to effectively present technical information, to colleagues, customers and vendors.
- As per engineering technology associate degree requirements.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instruction furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- AutoCAD, Solid Edge, Solid Works and Inventor
- Manufacturing/Inventory (MRP) software
- Spreadsheet and word processor software
- Valid Driver's License
- Valid passport
- Domestic and international travel may be required
- Registration with applicable engineering society desired
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Solid Work, Solid Edge or Inventor.
- Mechanical design principals including machined parts, assemblies, weldment and sheet metal fabrication.
- Machine technologies and practices
- Ability to draft as per ANSI Y14.5 standard
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Software
- Design creativity
- Ability to perform tolerance stack-up study
physical requirements / working conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit, stand or walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear and smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to vibration, risk of electrical shock, wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, high and precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions and extreme cold and heat.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs