Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Project Accountant to join our team in Melbourne. The successful candidate will be responsible for a range of project and management accounting activities for the Assignment including financial and management accounting deliverables, budgeting and forecasting activities and to provide senior management with support for accounting and finance issues.
- Overall Finance focal for the Contract
- Client facing finance focal for the contract; escalating issues and working the client for resolution
- Ensure monthly delivery of client and internal management report/dashboard and analysis
- Ensure timely completion of various month end deliverables
- Working closely with project controls to ensure budget and forecasting activities are completed timely and analysed
- Provide financial insights on project performance to assist Senior Management in decision making
- Provide analysis and commentary to monthly results
- Ensure revenue is recognised in accordance with company policy and accounting standards
- Ensure accruals are reviewed and taken up accordingly as required
- Experience in indirect taxes, withholding tax.
Skills / Qualifications
- Accounting Degree and qualified CPA / CA preferred
- 5 years + experience in a similar role
- Intellectually capable, can substantiate the ability to apply theory in a particular context
- Professional demeanour, interpersonal skills
- Previous experience working with EBA
- Able to demonstrate team working skills
- Enthusiastic, conscientious and keen to learn
- Flexible with a can-do attitude
- A good business partner to the operational divisions
- Proficient in process reviews, change management and process integration.
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you're an experienced Senior Project Accountant ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.