Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Skills: Project Controls
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood's Power Solutions business performs consulting and EPCM services for many of Canada's power generation and power distribution companies.
Wood currently have an exciting 12 month assignment, with the possibility of extension, for a Project Controller/ Coordinator, Junior/ Intermediate. Reporting to the Project Controls Manager. This position is located in our Vancouver, BC office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Assisting with analyzing and forecasting project costs; project planning as well as developing, preparing, collecting and analyzing schedule and cost data to support project management and decision making.
- Undertaking monthly project progressions, reporting project cost and schedule status to management as well as analyzing cost variances and recommending corrective actions for capital projects.
- Setting up and maintaining project Work Breakdown Structures, activities and milestone data in enterprise systems
- Supporting project and contract change management in collaboration with project stakeholders
- Reviewing and processing contractor, vendor, and consultant invoices for payment including support to monthly accrual cycle.
- Supporting delivery teams with the ordering, tracking and coordination of project materials required to meet project and construction schedule requirements
- Supporting project and contract financial close-out.
- Performing project administrative services such as project document control and other support and administrative tasks and duties to support project delivery as required
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree from a recognized university in engineering or a recognized business program.
- Solid organization, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment including client liaison
- 2 years of progressive project services, cost control or project coordinator experience, preferably in a engineering or construction environment
- Familiar with cost control, planning, scheduling, project reporting as well as procurement/contracts, material management/ coordination, construction management, and document control.
- Proven ability to work at an advanced level with all Microsoft Office applications, with major strengths in Excel.
- Knowledge and experience with Enterprise Systems such as SAP or Oracle is desirable.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.