Skills: Student / Recent Grad
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brussels, Belgium
At Eni, we are looking for an Intern in EU Government Affairs within Eni Brussels in Brussels. You will be covering some of the most interesting dossiers in EU energy and climate policy, development aid and international relations. The purpose of the internship is to take active part in Eni's EU government affairs work vis-a-vis the European institutions, supporting its Brussels-based staff, while at the same time bringing in the team an open view over the broad dynamics of international current affairs.
We are a global energy company employing more than 3 0 ,000 people in 66 countries in the world. Eni has transformed itself into an integrated energy company with a long-term vision to play a key role in the energy transition and to become a leader in the production and sale of decarbonized products. We are committed to a transition that creates long-term value, is socially fair and that preserves the environment and provides everyone with access to the energy they need. Eni's activities range from the development of new energy solutions to the more traditional exploration and production of hydrocarbons, the refining and marketing of oil products and biofuels; from the generation and commercialization of electricity to the production of renewable energy; from the development of chemical and bio-based products to environmental activities. All our operations reflect our business model based on operational excellence, carbon neutrality in the long term and partnerships for local development. In turn, these three pillars are underpinned by the shared foundations of promoting internal competencies, the deployment of innovative technologies and the digitization process.
As part of the internship at Eni Brussels you will be:
- Monitoring EU legislative and non-legislative activities about energy, climate, international affairs, trade.
- Providing analysis and briefings
- Reporting on events/ conferences
- Supporting Eni's staff in internal meetings, as well as in coordinating participation in trade associations' working groups
- Supporting the outreach to stakeholders and public events.
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements :
- University level education (Political Science, International Relations, Law or other relevant fields)
- Good understanding of the functioning of the EU and EU institutions
- Required Languages: Italian and English, mother tongue equivalent. French is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good team player with attention to detail and research and organisation skills
- Interest in EU public affairs
Six Month Internship
At Eni, people are the key to our success, which is why our values are focused on diversity, and lifelong learning.
Eni evaluates applications regardless of candidates' personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process .
Together we have greater energy.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.