Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Sacramento, California, United States
The Sacramento office of Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc is seeking a Senior Toxicologist to support our growing risk assessment and toxicology compliance practice. Key Responsibilities The position will involve coordination and implementation of project work associated with multimedia (air, water, and soil) risk assessments and environmental regulatory compliance in the industrial/ commercial, government, and mining sectors and project management. Experience with California state regulations related to environmental remediation and emerging contaminants is required. Familiarity with European Union REACH and other chemical regulations and certification as a DABT is preferred. This position offers the opportunity to work with a large and diverse team of engineers and scientists to address complex environmental challenges executing the following.
• Directs and supervises technical assignments (primarily office) and manages entire projects or specific elements of projects;
• Perform as lead toxicologist on toxicology proposals and projects;
• Provide technical review for projects to comply with environmental regulations, company standards, contract requirements, and related specifications;
• Prepare proposals and assists in preparation of large-scale proposals; and
• Occasional travel for projects, conferences, business development, or training.
Wood's Sacramento, California office provides a broad range of services in engineering and earth and environmental sciences. Our Sacramento staff of approximately 40 engineers, geologist, scientists, and support personnel specializes largely in soil, groundwater, soil vapor, and sediment contamination assessment and remediation. We provide comprehensive support through all phases of assessment and remediation, from preliminary screening through remedial investigation, feasibility study, remedial design, remedial action, and construction oversight. In addition, we provide storm water, hazardous materials, hazardous waste, and other environmental compliance services, mold and indoor air quality assessments, and other health/ safety compliance services.
Skills / Qualifications
• MA/MS Degree in public health, toxicology, or related applied environmental or science degree;
• 10 to 15 years' experience in risk assessment and environmental and regulatory compliance preferred;
• Strong background providing environmental consulting services to clients in the industrial/ commercial sector;
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with exposure assessment, risk assessment, and regulatory compliance under CERCLA; DTSC regulatory oversight; RWQCB oversight; AB2588 "Air Toxics"; global chemical regulation (REACH), and/or Proposition 65;
• Strong work ethic and must be a self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office;
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully as part of a team and achieve team objectives; and
• Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (Motor Vehicle Safety) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.