Skills: Project Management, Engineering Manager, Instrument & Controls Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Woking, England, United Kingdom
Wood is seeking expressions of interest for an upcoming project in the UK.
We would like to connect with Project Directors with extensive experience in the automation industry.
The Project Director will be responsible for creating delivery excellence of assigned national critical infrastructure framework agreement for automation, provide certainty and confidence to the customer/project sponsor, and robust control of project scope, schedule, cost and risk to NEC4.
- P & L responsibility with associated commercial/contractual and financial accountability including revenue delivery, margin and overhead management, budget and forecast determination and attainment, risk and opportunity reviews, cost controls, accounts payable/billing and cash collection
- Contributes to and reviews the framework proposals and plan to establish timeframe, procedures for accomplishing the project, resource requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project. Ensures adherence to corporate policy and best practice, and sets project evaluation parameters
- Negotiates changes to project scope with the customer. Follows Change Management process to identify and approve modifications to scope, cost, schedule and quality - all to NEC 4 Option C & E guidelines
- Approves project procedures and project execution plan including the scope of work, deliverables list, master schedule, budget, org charts, risk register etc
- Ensures competence of project team members to carry out assigned work both office and site including CDM requirements (PC/PD)
- Ensure the project assurance protocol and schedule are established
- Responsible for the project HSSE leadership
Working Relationships WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Oversight of multiple Project Managers
- Ensures effective interfaces with high value engineering centres (HVEC) and manages scope across all offices involved
- Interface and coordinate with BU/BG leadership, Operational and/or Contract Management to ensure delivery of operational goals
- Establishes and maintains a positive and effective customer relationship
- Manage relationships with external stakeholders including interaction with suppliers and subcontractors to resolve cost, schedule and quality issues
Skills / Qualifications
- University degree (bachelors or masters) in relevant discipline or equivalent combination of qualifications and experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Associate in Project Management (APM) or equivalent certification is preferred
- Typically requires substantial years of broad and extensive pertinent experience, including significant project management experience, mastering their area and knowledgeable about impacts on other areas; of which substantial experience successfully managing major/complex international or remote location projects.
- Full experience of NEC 4 or NEC 3 contracts Options C & E (NEC 4 desirable)
- Full knowledge and experience of delivering projects as Principle Designer, Designer and Principle Contractor to CDM 2015 regulations
- Experience and knowledge of automation & instrumentation related projects (DCS, PLC, SCADA, HMI, software etc)
- Able to manage complex major project start-up, produce and communicate the project execution plan
- Ability to effectively manage resources (personnel, equipment, materials etc)
- Sound practice and experience of commercial / contractual and technical risk management
- Safety focused with an uncompromising approach to risk management. Places the welfare of both internal and customer employees at the top of the agenda
- Able to motivate, engage and influence a diverse teams
- Critical thinker, able to interpret complex data and with strong problem solving abilities
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.