Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business - we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
- Deliver a quality multi-discipline engineering service, so that multi-discipline engineering delivery is consistently to scope, time, cost and quality.
- Input own professional expertise to projects as necessary through reviews etc, to ensure consistent delivery of best quality product.
- Ensure that the discipline engineering organisation has the capability, in terms of skill set, resource levels and procedures, to deliver the agreed needs of the business.
- Manage the allocation and ensure the Project SQEP assessments of discipline engineering staff to carry out functions within discipline and fulfil project functions, roles and other activities so that the best fit of skills to needs is achieved across all demands on the delivery team.
- Manage spend for the project so that budgets and any other financial targets are met.
- Consistently promote Jacobs values, through personal example and roll out through the team, so that each member of the discipline engineering organisation understands the standards and behaviours expected of them.
- Actively seek out talented individuals to join the organisation, to add required skills in new areas or to build strength in existing areas.
- Lead a performance culture which develops individuals' capability through an active performance management process, so that not only delivery for the company is enhanced but also the skills, capability and personal satisfaction of an individual is maximised.
- Professionally qualified (e.g. Chartered) Engineer
- Substantial relevant experience, typically at least 10 years of experience in a contracting project environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team
- Capable of operating interdependently across engineering disciplines and with other internal and client functions
- Commercial acumen
Extensive knowledge of Jacobs Business Management System (BMS).