Skills: Business Analyst, IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Programming & Database
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
TRADING DATA ANALYST (LNG)
Primary Purpose of Job
Serves as a departmental expert resource in data mining, management, and integrity, and plays a critical role enabling and contributing to data analysis and modelling underlying product trading activities. Through technical delivery of data and tools, and driving the development of proprietary in-house data models, the Trading Data Analyst enables the performance of the LNG Trading department as champion of world-class data and analysis.
- Academic background in a computing/data Minimum of Bachelor Degree science/mathematics/engineering field.
Experience & Skills
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working as a data engineer or front office developer within a commodity trading environment adept at constructing and managing large datasets and structured databases, including database implementation, data scraping and collection, data clean-up, retrieval, and eventual visualisation & reporting
- Experienced in construction from scratch of detailed and bespoke economic models which interface with data warehouses An understanding of the global gas and LNG markets is strongly preferred, ideally within a front-office trading environment.
- Expertise in building and implementing large structured databases
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the implementation and use of visualisation and reporting tools and models, ideally within a front office commodities trading environment
- Extensive experience developing front office trading tools and models using a variety of technologies and techniques
- Knowledge of ETL/ETLS and Data Warehousing concepts and technologies
- Ability to implement solutions using Agile methods, including prototyping and tactical solutions to meet the short-term and dynamic needs of the business
- Ideally, ability to build and implement data retrieval APIs
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, at a variety of organisational levels. Ability to manage vendors and if required negotiate and manage vendor contracts (e.g .data providers, software licencing)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ideally a trading background and understanding of the commodities trading business. Knowledge and experience dealing with LNG/G&P data types and data sources
- Self-reliance and self-sufficiency; willingness to help build a business from the ground upwards in a phased manner but with quick short-term solutions essential for success. Strong delivery focus is critical.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa