Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc is currently seeking CMT / QC Technicians (Field & Laboratory) with experience, or strong desire to gain expertise, in soils and concrete testing to join our team in West Palm Beach Florida. Wood was recently selected to perform Quality Control services for several large civil works projects in South Florida and the success candidates will be a key contributer to those projects.
- Perform soil density testing using both nuclear gauge and sand cone in accordance with ASTM and project specifications
- Perform sampling and testing of concrete in accordance with ASTM and project specifications
- Perform Laboratory testing on soil, aggregates, and concrete.
- Prepare and submit written field reports summarizing daily activities/observations and density calculations and results
- Transport samples from the field to the laboratory for processing and testing
- Operate independently in the field and laboratory environments
- Communicate regularly with clients and contractors to convey results and schedule requests
- Dependable and reliable
Skills / Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician-Grade I preferred
- FDOT CTQP Earthwork Level 1 preferred
- Nuclear Gauge Safety Transportation Course
- 1-5 years of related experience preferred
- At least one of the following current certifications preferred:
- FDOT CTQP Earthwork Level 1 & II
- FDOT CTQP Concrete Level 1
- FDOT CTQP Qualified Sampler
- FDOT CTQP Aggregate Base Techncian
- FDOT CTQP LBR Technician
- ACI Concrete Laboratory Strength
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel as needed
- Valid driver's license
- Must pass drug test, fit for duty physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Applicants must have the ability to:
- Work in varying environments (lab and field settings)
- Perform physically demanding field work (outside summer temperatures)
- Regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.