Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for accurately preparing, recording, and reporting transactions related to the activities of global operations. This position is also responsible for internal and external audit preparation and analysis, and preparing reports for corporate management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare MD&A and the monthly activity report.
- Prepare the 10Q and 10K reports.
- Prepare month-end journal entries.
- Prepare balance sheets account reconciliations for designated accounts.
- Request and track job numbers for new cap & mob AFE's.
- Prepare PBC's for external audit, assist with analysis and explanations.
- Provide support and analysis for the internal audit department as requested.
- Assist and participate in special projects on a regular basis.
- Overtime will be necessary during monthly closings, year-end reporting, audit, and for special projects
- 7 - 10 years of experience in general ledger accounting.
- Experience in financial reporting
- University degree, preferable in business/accounting and extensive accounting experience in the workplace.
- Strong excel skills, Oracle experience a plus.
- Experience in drilling/oilfield service industry strongly preferred.
- Ability to work independently and understand the impact of own work on others, the department, and the divisions' financial statements.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills and accounting technical knowledge.
- Desire to streamline processes, eliminate inefficiencies, and improve productivity.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs