Skills: Chemical Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
Nabors is seeking high performing intern, focused on making a difference in the world in an Engineering Carbon Capture role, using math, science and technology to help solve global environmental factors. The perfect candidate wants to be part of the carbon capture solution in a chemical engineer role, with a concentration around environmental governance in the oil and gas industry. Be part of the Nabors team. Internship will be based out of Houston, TX.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Study current processes & procedures for rig operations
- Identify/recommend improvement opportunities
- Contribute to the development of cost-effective processes leading to carbon capture
- Provide input and consult with leaders to mitigate environmental cost of industry activity
- Recommend actions to help ensure a brighter and more sustainable environment
- Able to analyze data and understand the relationships and correlations
- Follows procedures and safety guidelines
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Pursuing final year university studies towards earning bachelor's degree or Masters/PhD in chemical engineering
- Carbon capture concentration in studies required
- Basic understanding of the following from previous work/classes/research and/or relevant previous jobs/internships:
- Knowledge of one or more CO2 capture technologies for post-combustion, pre-combustion, chemical looping and oxy-combustion, including equipment and operations.
- Engineering review for CO2 capture systems including P&ID, HAZOP, and startup
- Troubleshooting skills
- Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work in groups/teams
- An appreciation of commitment to safety leadership.
- Solid comprehensive problem-solving skills.
- Mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to multitask and work well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to generate research ideas.
- Ability to draft technical reports of projects.
- MS Office computer skills (Access, Aspen/HYSYS a plus).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- The primary location for this position is an office environment.
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Rig yard trips may be expected from time to time.
- 20% travel to rig yards and field.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs