Skills: Project Management, Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Wood is currently seeking a Geotechnical Engineer/Project Manager at the Associate to Principal level to join our Phoenix, AZ team. We offer the opportunity to lead a diverse group of respected, talented individuals and lead large, complex, and challenging projects. The Wood team in Arizona is well known as a premier geotechnical group and has provided support for projects including the Hoover Dam Bypass, South Mountain Freeway project and large tailings dam facilities.
The successful candidate will provide geotechnical engineering, project management and be responsible for delivering geotechnical and geologic projects to Wood's public and private sector clients. Projects generally include transportation, mining, site characterization, flood control, dams, pavement, and other civil works projects.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
- Will provide geotechnical engineering and project management and be responsible for delivering geotechnical and geologic projects to Wood's public and private sector clients
- Technical management and direction of site investigations and preparing technical reports
- Technical mentoring to junior staff
- Geotechnical engineering analyses of slope stability, seepage analysis and LRFD foundation design
- Project and budget management including resource management and oversight of staff
- Managing and coordinating project teams, including ensuring the technical quality of deliverables
- Collaboration and participation in technical discussions with team members
- Market to, pursue, or grow clients in the public or private sector
- Participate in proposal efforts
- Will travel to project sites primarily in Arizona . Approximately 5% overnight travel
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Civil Engineering or MS in Geotechnical Engineering (MS preferred)
- Arizona PE
- Minimum 20 years of relevant professional geotechnical engineering experience
- Strong academic background and solid understanding of soil mechanics and local Arizona soils and geology
- Experience in two or more of the following areas:
- Mine design (tailings and heap leach)
- Earth dams
- Drilling, field investigations and laboratory testing
- Good communication, report writing and presentation skills in English
- Superior time management, planning and ability to interact with clients
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead a team and work well with a team
- Ability to pursue and develop clients in the public or private sectors
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites primarily in Arizona. Approximately 5% overnight travel
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.