Skills: Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Wood is currently seeking a Mid-Level Geotechnical Engineer needed to join our Phoenix, AZ team. The successful candidate will provide geotechnical engineering and task management/coordination and be responsible for delivering geotechnical and geologic work projects to Wood's public and private sector clients. Projects generally include transportation, mining, site characterization, flood control, dams, pavement, and other civil works projects.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
- Will provide geotechnical engineering and task management and be responsible for delivering geotechnical and geologic projects to Wood's Project Managers
- Technical management and direction of site investigations and preparing technical reports
- Geotechnical engineering analyses of slope stability, seepage analysis and LRFD foundation design
- Task and budget management including resource management and oversight
- Coordinating small project teams, including ensuring the technical quality of deliverables
- Collaboration and participation in technical discussions with team members
- Will travel to project site primarily in Arizona - Approximately 30% overnight travel.
- Participate in proposal efforts
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Civil Engineering or MS in Geotechnical Engineering
- Arizona PE license or the ability to obtain within 6 months
- 4 - 10 years + relevant professional geotechnical engineering experience
- Strong academic background and solid understanding of soil mechanics and local Arizona soils and geology
- Experience in two or more of the following areas:
- Mine design (tailings and leach stockpiles)
- Earth dams
- Drilling, field investigations and laboratory testing
- Good communication, report writing and presentation skills in English
- Superior time management, planning and ability to interact with clients
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with a team
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficiency with SLOPE/W & SEEP/W a plus but not required
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites, primarily in Arizona - Approximately 30% overnight travel
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.