Skills: Rig Electrician, Electrical Technician, Electrician
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Seminole, Texas, United States
Wood is currently sourcing an an Electrical Superintendent to join our construction team for various projects in the US.
Authorization to work lawfully in the U.S. without sponsorship from Wood is required.
DESCRIPTION OF FUNCTIONS
Manages day-to-day activities of work site, ensures on-time completion of project(s), and supervises construction team.
- Ensure crews are on site, prepared and equipped to perform their assignments
- Conducts and leads toolbox and safety meetings
- Ensure crews are following all client, company and OSHA safety standards
- Organize and plan work weekly and daily to ensure crews are productive and safe
- Must be proficient with hand/power tools in an industrial oil field setting
- Skilled in electrical installation specifications and procedures in an industrial oil field setting
- Knowledge of electrical circuits including the operation and function of typical electrical devices such as solenoids, relays, motors, transformers, switches, motor control, ETC
- Knowledge/understanding in Control of Work (Permits) and Lock out tag out (LOTO).
- Responsible for writing permits per clients Control of work system and being a Preforming Authority (PA)
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
- Use effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Be capable of listening and communicating with other - supervision and employees.
- Be motivated while working safely and productively.
- Understand and respond accordingly to all safety alerts, warnings, hazards, etc.
Skills / Qualifications
- High School Diploma, or Equivalent
- Valid and current Driver License with clean driving record
- Willing to travel
- Ten (10) years' experience as industrial Electrician in oilfield
- Electrical License, or must have reciprocity in the state in which the work is located
- Five (5) years' supervisory experience in solar or wind industry preferred.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.