Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, Security
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Our client, a large global organization providing Maritime and O&G products and services, is looking for a Sr Cybersecurity Engineer to join their growing team. The company is very stable and very strong financially. Additionally, their average employee tenure is much longer than most companies'. They offer a competitive compensation package, strong benefits and a good work environment.
The Cybersecurity Engineer plays an integral role in defining and assessing the organization's security strategy, operations and practices. The engineer will assume responsibilities for multiple security functions and will be required to effectively translate business objectives and risk management strategies into specific security processes enabled by security technologies and services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop security standards, procedures, strategy plans, and roadmaps based on sound enterprise architecture practices.
- Determine baseline security configuration standards for ICS/OT/IoT, cloud, operating systems, networking, encryption, data security, data classification, and identity and access management (IAM) assuring architectures meet security best practices that reduce risk and enhance security.
- Conduct security assessments of internal systems, applications and IT infrastructure; managing these systems in a security information and event management system as part of the overall risk management practice of the organization.
- Provide timely reporting of security related systems and events to various levels of management on a regular basis.
- Work with internal teams (Compliance, Legal, HR, etc.) to understand their security requirements and incorporate into the overall Strategy and execution plans.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Education/Experience: A minimum of 7 years or more experience in a security related field with direct responsibility to manage security one or more of the following:
- Direct, hands-on experience deploying & managing security infrastructure such as firewalls, IPSs, WAFs, endpoint protection (DLP & EDR), SIEM, and vulnerability management tools on premise and cloud
- Documented experience and a strong working knowledge of the methodologies required to conduct threat-modeling exercises on new technologies and services
- Working knowledge of OT cybersecurity
- Experience with the secure deployment of workloads into public cloud services (e.g., AWS or Microsoft Azure)Industry and Regulatory Experience and Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)Privacy Principles (best practices), International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 27001/2, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Cybersecurity Framework (CSF), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), IT Service Management (ITIL)
One or more of the following certifications are preferred:
- ISC2's, CISSPISACA's, CISMISACA's, CISA
- The Open Group's TOGAFSANS' GAICIAPP's CIPT