Skills: Logistics Management, Materials Management , Supply Chain Management
Other Skills: Stores Supervision, Warehouse Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Hydrasun is a recognised market leader in the provision of integrated fluid transfer, power and control solutions. We are focused on supporting the energy transition through our work in the oil and gas, renewable energy, general industrial and marine industries worldwide.
We are recruiting for an experienced Stores Supervisor to lead a team of Stores personnel and ensure the efficient and effective day-to-day running of Goods-In/Out Departments, Small Parts Stores and Despatch teams. The Stores Supervisor will have number of direct reports (Stores Team Leaders) and indirect reports (Storespersons and Drivers).
The ideal candidate will have experience at a Stores Supervisory level within a Manufacturing, Engineering, or retail setting. The position may particularly suit candidates with experience at a supervisor level within companies dealing with small parts (e.g. automotive parts, retail etc). The successful candidate will also possess demonstrably strong people management skills gained within prior supervisory/team leading positions.
Essential Experience, Qualifications and Competencies
- Experience in a team leading / supervisory role.
- Experience in a stores environment.
- Experience working within a formal HSEQ system. (ISO9001, 14001, 18001 etc)
- Strong team-leading and people management skills
- Ability to work strictly to standards and procedures
- Good communications skills
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work under on own initiative
- Flexible and adaptable
- Literate and numerate
- Ability to motivate and encourage teams
- Safety and environmental awareness
- Customer and Quality Focus
Desirable Experience, Qualifications and Competencies
- Team Leading NVQ Level 2 (or equivalent)
- UK Driving license
- IOSH Managing Safely
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the efficient storage of products.
- Ensure that all goods are receipted in a timely manner, in accordance with the requirements of the purchase orders.
- Ensure that all goods are stored within the parts stores in accordance with procedures and stores practices.
- Ensure that all goods are picked with relevant picking documents & packed in a professional manner in accordance with Hydrasun packing standards and customer requirements.
- Ensure that all picking is accurate and free of defects.
- Investigate and resolve customer errors & complaints relating areas of responsibility.
- Ensure the coordination of third party transport as required.
- Ensure all Special Delivery Requests are completed in a timely manner.
- Control the Aberdeen delivery vehicle fleet ensuring all vehicles are maintained and vehicles and drivers meet all legal compliance requirements.
- Control Aberdeen forklift fleet ensuring all equipment is maintained and the legal compliance of vehicles and drivers.
- Ensure all product handling, movement and storage activities are completed safely and in accordance with Hydrasun HSEQ Management System.
- Ensure all Stores areas (indoor/outdoor) are maintained in safe and effective order, and that all equipment is regularly inspected and maintained.
- Carry out routine Area inspection audits.
- Resolve conflicts of priority, including, where necessary, escalation to the Operations Manager.
- Identify and implement improvements to existing ways of working.
- Interact with internal and external customers and suppliers in a positive and professional manner.
- Ensure that direct reports are appraised in line with the Company's Performance Review Process
- Motivate and encourage team members to achieve objectives
- Resolve staffing issues such as absence, unacceptable behaviors, poor performance with support from the HR Department.
- Ensure structured overtime & shift-patterns are maintained as required to ensure organisational and client deadlines are met within cost budgets.
- Support the provision of holiday and absence cover (if appropriate) within other departments.
Hydrasun is a leading specialist provider of integrated fluid transfer, power and control solutions to the energy industries, successfully delivering flexible hose, integrated instrumentation products, umbilical solutions and integrity management services worldwide.
Our product and service offering is driven by customer requirements to continuously improve safety, quality, technical integrity, reliability, environmental awareness and value for money. Through our established global network of operational bases and partnerships we offer:
•Umbilicals & Subsea Connectors
•Hydraulic Power & Control
•Instrumentation & Process Control
•Engineering & Technical Support
Hydrasun currently exports to around 60 countries, which has included developing significant sales in countries such as Angola, Brazil and USA. The company has international operational bases established in Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, UAE, Brazil and The Netherlands as well as a further presence in West Africa and the US Gulf of Mexico.
The company’s global staff numbers have increased by around 100 in the past year to a total workforce of nearly 600 currently.
Hydrasun was recently awarded the coveted Overall Global Business of the Year at the Northern Star Business Awards 2012, along with awards for Achievement in International Business and Outstanding Contribution to Society.