Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Education: High School/Secondary
Wood has an exciting opportunity for a HSSE Assurance Manager to join our team. The position's location is flexible and can be based at any of our offices in the Eastern Hemisphere. The aim of the role is to implement a risk-based enterprise approach to HSSE assurance, verification, and validation as part of the newly formed HSSE Professional Shared Services team. The HSSE Assurance Manager will act as a subject matter expert, providing senior level technical experience and leadership to deliver on an enterprise design of processes, procedures, tools, and business coaching to create a generative HSSE Assurance culture at Wood. Also, to provide expert tactical response to directly support implementation and assurance of our Global HSSE Management System across Wood's business operations. Furthermore, she/he will act as the focal point for all third party HSSE Assurance activities related to the Global HSSE Management System.
Implementation of the Global HSSE Management System, is a key feature of the role. Working closely with the HSSE Professional Share Services team, she/he will assists the Business Units in the development and application of the management system, which includes compliance with HSSE related policies, and governmental regulations.
Working alongside the other members of the HSSE Professional Shared Services team to monitor the effectiveness of the business in identifying and managing risks and working with the business to identify, quantify and implement appropriate mitigations and improvements. Responsible for maintaining HSSE Assurance networks to effectively deliver and share learnings and best practice internally and externally across Wood in a structured, standard, and auditable manner.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Participate in the HSSE Professional Shared Services team contributing HSSE Assurance Strategy.
- Provide clarity and visibility on the status of HSSE Assurance in the assigned area.
- Actively monitor and report compliance with Wood's HSSE Assurance Policy through Tier 1 operational oversight.
- Develop, with senior operations management, a risk-based global HSSE Assurance Plan and a global strategy to improve service delivery and HSSE assurance capability.
- Identify high risk services and lead audits and reviews as defined in the global HSSE Assurance Plan.
- Undertake and report on independent assurance activities to assess the effectiveness of controls to manage critical business risks.
- Lead investigations of high impact incidents and serious deviations to standards using an appropriate investigation process, provide constructive feedback and coaching.
- Lead the global HSSE Assurance planning process.
- Identify and develop key personnel in the regions for HSSE Assurance, maintain contacts with a network of other subject matter experts.
- Contribute to the development of and implement leading and lagging delivery indicators and advise on improvement actions and initiatives.
- Build and maintain relationships with Wood's senior management, clients, and (where appropriate) external stakeholders (e.g., regulator, trade associations).
- Designing and/or preparing Assurance related training/instructional materials, teaching aids and devices, when deemed appropriate.
- Maintain a focus on strategic initiatives and developments / learnings to ensure the transfer of best practice.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in relevant technical discipline or HSSE management
- Membership of Recognized Industry body
- Lead Auditor Qualification by recognized Industry body
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Significant long-term experience in an HSSE role within a technical services business.
- HSSE Operations experience is preferred.
- Familiarization with relevant legislation and regulations.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Elevated level of communication skills, written and verbal, must be a good listener.
- Good knowledge of management systems and standards (e.g. ISO 9001, 14001, 18001) Critical thinker with innovative problem-solving skills.
- Highly computer literate with proficiency in MS Office and related business and communication tools.
- Commitment to HSE and assurance and the need to drive down incidents and accidents across the Industry.
- Demonstrable commitment to Wood Core Values.
- Extensive experience and credibility in HSSE Assurance policies processes and procedures
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a wider team.
- Establish good relations across Wood.
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Effective communication and networking skills.
- Trustworthy and approachable.
- Willing to challenge in a constructive and supportive manner.
- Willing to travel internationally
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.