Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Freeport, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for an Electrical Helper with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry to install, maintain, and repair electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical equipment, wiring and fixtures, and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and electrical and electronic test equipment.
- Install power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment following electrical code and blueprints, using hand tools and voltage tester
- Install ground leads and connect power cables and wires to machines and equipment, following manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, using hand tools and test equipment
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, and fixtures using test equipment
- Repair or replace faulty electric components, wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools
- Test malfunctioning or broken equipment using test equipment and discuss malfunction with other workers to diagnose malfunction.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools
- Place conduit, pipes or tubing, inside designated partitions, walls, structures or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Installation - Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it
- Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job
- Repairing - Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools
- Follow the rules of safe conduct at all times
- Demonstrate ability to effectively utilize materials/resources in cost-effective manner
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem
- Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- Information Ordering - The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations)
- Arm-Hand Steadiness - The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position
- Manual Dexterity - The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects
- Positions require working in climbing, bending, sitting, walking, kneeling, crawling, standing, lifting, pushing, and pulling
- Good hand eye balance and the ability to distinguish colors are required in order to use the tools that are necessary to perform the required work
- Employees must have vision which has good depth perception in order to judge distance and space relationships.
- The employee must be able to work in all types of weather conditions
- The ability to work in elevated positions is a must
- The employee must be able to work in confined spaces as well as wear the following safety equipment when need be: life vests, ear protection, rubber gloves, leather gloves, hard hat, slicker suit, acid suit, rubber gloves, full face breathing mask, wearing full safety harness, or wearing a face shield
- The heavy work will require the employee to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally: The medium work will require the exerting of 50 pounds of frequently: The remainder of the work should require the exertion of 20 pounds of force to constantly move an object
- The employee must have a current State of Texas Electrical license (Apprentice license is a minimum)
Years of Craft Experience
3+ year Journeyman Exp
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.