Lead Systems EngineerWould you enjoy being the go-to technical subject matter expert?Do you love working with customers influencing their product strategy and designJoin our innovating Engineering team
We provide customers with the peace of mind needed to reliably and efficiently improve their operations. Our team is the last line of defense for quality before it goes to our customers.Take ownership for leading complex projects
As a Lead Systems Engineer, you will work within the Systems engineering group in Baker Hughes Head Quarters business and will provide technical guidance for development of world class products and services with the ability to be deployed on multiple EPC and projects globally. You should have a systems mindset, with the ability to challenge the norms and an affinity for seeing the big picture, problem solving and productivity improvements in any area of business. Previous experience in systems engineering, systems modelling, and Oil & Gas/energy industry is beneficial.
As a Lead Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Defining the goal, scope and outcome of assigned projects.
- Reviewing and understanding customer/ technical scope, requirements, creating system architecture and system specifications.
- Working with allocated project team to deliver the required systems engineering scope, acting as the technical lead and interface to the customer.
- Creating concepts of operations and conducting trade-off analysis.
- Developing and delivering Safe and Compliant products across the Engineering Group
- Delivering and being responsible for work scopes with allocated project teams
- Taking ownership of system Engineering design, FMEA, HAZOP and other processes/analysis.
- Planning and Executing system level Verification and validation activities, providing assurance that the overall system design meets the customer requirements
- System level modelling and proficiency with the MBSE tools is a plus.
- Experience working with requirements management tools is a plus.
To be successful in this role you will:
Working with us
- Demonstrate experience in system engineering within any industry that develops complex systems
- Have an enthusiasm for solving technical problems
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills to articulate highly technical information in a clear, concise manner
- Have a natural ability to motivate and influence a team of engineers and technical experts
- Be fluent in oral and written English
- Have formal Systems Engineering training 5 years
- Demonstrate experience in systems level testing and validation PLM, CAD, DOORS, MBSE experience
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.The Good Stuff
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.