Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Ellesmere Port, England, United Kingdom
Wood are seeking a staff Planner to join the Process & Energy business based over in Ellesmere Port. This is a site based role and you will ideally have experience within oil and gas, construction and tankages.
To prepare plans, to update plans, to provide manhour data, and to provide advice and guidance on schedule related matters
Key Aims and objectives:
- Produce a resource levelled plan that is set up in accordance with the design strategy, procurement strategy, fabrication strategy and construction strategy for the project
- To monitor progress against the baseline plan with the assistance of the Operations manager(s) and site manager(s)
- To assess the schedule impact of change and incorporate change into live schedules
- To produce and maintain a schedule for the workshop with assistance from the workshop manager
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare a resource levelled schedule in primavera P6, adopting the agreed corporate protocols for work breakdown structures and use of Primavera.
- Liaise with the estimator to ensure that all estimated manhours are captured within the plan
- Explore scenarios with the estimator, and operations manager to look for the best available methodology to provide the greatest opportunity to win the project and to deliver the project successfully
- Once the project has been awarded, produce a baseline schedule and agree this with the operations manager and estimator
- Produce the planning templates documents for the project that will assist with monitoring progress (reporting template, s-curve template, CPI and SPI calculations etc)
- Gather progress data each week from the site manager(s) and operations manager(s)
- Report progress each week to the internal stakeholders
- Produce a report suitable for sharing externally with the customer representative
- Work with the QS to incorporate project change into the schedule
- Assisting in root cause analysis of actual manhours versus estimated to help inform the business about lessons learned from historical projects, and to assist in incorporating those lessons into future projects
- Work with the client to develop an integrated schedule reflective of our proposed schedule
Skills / Qualifications
- Experienced in the planning of construction projects
- Experienced in planning lump sum projects
- Experienced in NEC contracting
- Experienced in the use of Primavera P6
- Experienced in areas of responsibility associated with planning (project controls, CTR generation, Estimating)
- NVQ in project controls
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.