Join our Grid Scale Renewables team as a Senior Resource Analyst / Engineer. In this role, you will provide resource assessment and energy projection of solar and wind projects in the US and Canada using commercially available and proprietary tools (e.g., Pvsyst, Openwind and others) along with the Company's life cycle cost models.
What you'll do:
- Optimize OEM and equipment selection and configuration decisions relying on personal know-how and experience in order to achieve competitive solutions.
- Design and manage project specific bankable resource measurement campaigns.
- Perform quality control of resource data collected from measurement campaigns using industry standard practices.
- Extend short-term resource measurements to long-term using various MCP / MOS approaches.
- Participate in discussions and negotiations with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM), engineering, procurement, and construction companies (EPC) and provides advice to the Company's business development leadership.
- Actively participate and provide lateral leadership in asset operation and optimization activities if required.
- Conduct feasibility and front-end engineering design studies using standardized tools and utilizing subject matter expertise in the related engineering disciplines in order to provide cost effective and value creating solution alternatives to the business development /project teams as and when requested.
- Present solution alternatives and advise the Company's management in clear, concise content and format in order to facilitate sound and timely decisions.
- Support preliminary design and optimization of grid scale solar and wind projects under development in USA and Canada.
- Coordinate with team members, development staff, and project delivery team to identify project design constraints and requirements.
- Work directly with procurement team regarding site needs and constraints and coordinate those efforts for optimal site design of grid scale solar and wind projects in USA and Canada.
- Effectively manage external resources on site specification, optimization, and preliminary design.
- Keep current on changing trends in the solar and wind generation markets.
- Capable of scoping, contracting, and managing consultants and contractors for design and technical services as necessary.
- Provide and advise on conceptual design configuration for development pipeline projects.
- Gain, capture, and grow subject matter expertise in grid-scale solar and wind generation using the Company's tools and processes in order to increase the experience and the know-how of the Grid Scale Renewables team.
- Provide subject matter leadership in grid-scale solar generation tasks when subject matter expertise is utilized from contractors, plant personnel, or wider Company's resources in order to provide streamlined technical service.
- Share subject matter expertise within the Company's organization, and most especially within the Grid Scale Renewables Team, using effective use of communication and content management system in order to distribute the gained value from each experience and help-build institutional memory in ENGIE North America.
- Liaise with the members of the Engineering teams and utilize the local and global in-house experience and knowledge.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Atmospheric Science, Physics, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering is required
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role
- Must have experience with grid-scale solar and wind resource assessment and energy projection
- Experience with commercially available and proprietary tools (e.g., Pvsyst, Openwind) for estimating and optimizing solar and wind facilities
- Knowledge and experience in development and construction of power generation and storage assets in the United States
- Must be able to interpret production studies and use that information to advise on business development projects and activities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially when interacting with outside stakeholders such as government agencies and local communities is an essential part of the role
- Ability to travel up to 15% of time
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Apr 5, 2021