Learn morePosition Specific Description
The incumbent serves as the Intelligence Analyst in the Corporate Security Department of Florida Power & Light, Inc. in Juno Beach, Florida. The Department is responsible for the planning, developing, and implementing a comprehensive security program for Florida Power and Light.Florida Power and Light is the largest utility in the State of Florida; FPL generates power from sixteen (16) plants and carries it by way of more than 73,000 miles of power lines to approximately 4.5 million homes and businesses in about half of Florida.Specific Responsibilities:
- The selectee will be responsible for independently planning, conducting and coordinating complex multi- faceted analytical assignments and or research products in support of risk analysis and management.
- Collects, processes, analyzes and disseminates intelligence products related to local, regional, state and national issues that may have a direct bearing on the day to day operations of FPL. These include but are not limited to the protection of FPL assets and personnel.
- Researches many sources of information to analyze and develop actionable intelligence. Such material may include law enforcement briefs, websites and any other various sources ofopen source material.
- May conduct broad based research, link analysis, or intelligence data summarization and reports for other units of FPL.
- Performs the most complex computer based analysis of data for the management of risk.
- Reviews evaluates, recommends, and specifies available computer software, peripherals, and network hardware specifically related to analysis and investigative data retrieval.
- Maintain effective liaison and membership in the International Association of Law Enforcement Intelligence Analysts or the Florida Crime and Intelligence Analyst Association.
- Maintains effective liaison with members of the law enforcement community, Department of Homeland Security, Energy Sector and academic communities regarding areas of mutual concern and interest.
- An understanding of data collection and analysis protocols.
- Ability to clearly explain data orally and in writing to a range of audiences.
- Ability to plan, organize, lead, coordinate, conduct, gather, interpret, evaluate, analyze, summarize, and present findings. involving large amounts of information and data from diverse and vast sources.
- Prioritize issues, solve problems, formulate options, develop profiles and present assessments to concerned parties.
- Possess a demonstrated knowledge of intelligence research techniques, and the ability to support tasks, assignments, and projects independently.
- Advanced Knowledge of common computer applications and operating systems programs including windows based software such as Power Point, word and Excel.
Employees in this job plan, coordinate and conduct moderate-to-complex analysis and research projects in support of security risk and management.Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Collects, processes, analyzes and disseminates intelligence products related to local, regional, state and national issues that affect the day-to-day company operations
- Reviews, evaluates, recommends and specifies available computer software, peripherals and network hardware related to analysis and investigative data retrieval
- Summarizes and present findings involving large amounts of information and data from diverse and vast resources
- Prioritizes issues, formulates options, develops profiles and presents findings to concerned parties
- Consults with other members of the business unit, law enforcement and government agencies such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and US Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Preferred QualificationsEmployee Group:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: 3+ years
Florida Power & Light Company
Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations:
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market: