Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Carrollton, Texas, United States
HCT Software Global Discipline Manager
Under broad direction by the Technology Director, the Software Global Discipline Manager (SGDM) will lead the global software development group for the product line. The SGDM is accountable for developing a plan, budgeting, and structuring a team to deliver on the Product Service Line's (PSL) strategic digitalization initiatives. The SGDM is responsible for developing and sustaining all software products aligned to the PSL and will manage a team comprised of both employees and contractors based in key locations around the world. As digitalization remains a key focus of Halliburton, the SGDM is also accountable for aligning their roadmap and technology stack selections with other software teams within Halliburton to minimize cost and maximize speed to market.
- Manage, hire, mentor, and grow a team of 50+ software engineers, UX/UI designers, QA, and product owner employees and contractors in a remote work environment
- Accountable for ensuring that the software team has the right resources and structure to deliver on upcoming commitments
- Collaborate with PSL leadership to understand and align the software development roadmap to achieve PSL objectives
- Responsible for managing the software development budget - planning, requesting, and forecasting
- Ensure frequent delivery of value to the PSL through sponsorship and adoption of Agile/SCRUM practices on the software team
- Acts as the primary liaison between the PSL and other software/IT organizations within the company to remove roadblocks ahead of development/release of products
- Act as ambassador for PSL software vision and roadmap across the company - clearly articulating why decisions were made and supporting resolution of external dependencies to achieve objectives
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years in a leadership role on a software development team
- Previous experience managing a software development budget
- Demonstrable experience leading an Agile/Scrum development team
- Excellent communication skills - able to easily transition between technical discussions with an architecture team and business-facing discussions with non-technical leadership
- Experience working with remote development teams
- Skills are typically acquired through an undergraduate degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Material Science, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent degree, and minimum of 10 years' experience or through 14 years of related experience.
- Incumbents at this level will usually hold a certification as a Licensed/Chartered Professional Engineer
- Oil & Gas industry experience
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
2601 Belt Line Rd , Carrollton , Texas , 75006 , United States
Requisition Number: 91776
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Completion Tools
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.