Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
About the group:
Production Enhancement encompasses all of Halliburton's Hydraulic Fracturing and Wellbore Stimulation efforts. Halliburton pioneered hydraulic fracturing technology and revolutionized the oil and gas industry when we executed the first hydraulic fracturing procedure in 1947. Since then, we have remained the industry leader in providing fracturing and stimulation services all over the world. The Applied Sciences R&D team is where it all starts. From technology and process improvement to new product development, this team is the heart of Halliburton's largest Product Service Line and the very foundation of Halliburton's position as the industry leader and principal innovator in well stimulation products and services.
Position Summary & Key competency / Job Responsibilities:
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers/regression using machine learning and deep learning techniques
- Experience with the design and implementation of data governance processes; the assessment and remediation of data quality related issues; working with large and complex enterprise data models and large volumes of data.
- Proficient in using data analytics tools to perform queries and analyses and for defining and correlating data, and skilled at utilizing data visualization platforms to organize and present summarizations, predictive analysis, comparative analysis, dashboards and reporting.
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Performing data mining and analytics to support ongoing continuous risk monitoring and risk assessments of operational data to recognize patterns and trends, investigate anomalies, and assess internal control environment.
- Utilize data analysis by leveraging various statistical techniques, and predictive modeling to drive and identify indicators of risk.
- Drive efficiency by automation of manual processes.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree with 5 years of direct experience
- Excellent understanding of machine learning algorithms, such as RandomForest, Gradient Boosting, Naive Bayes, SVM, KNN
- Good understanding of deep learning algorithms, such as DNN, CNN, RNN, LSTM, Autoencoders
- Deep Knowledge of ML/AI software and packages such as python: scikit-learn, Tensorflow and R: CARET
- Proficiency in statistics concepts: sampling theory, descriptive statistics, probability distributions, statistical tests, dimensionality, reduction, Hypothesis testing, maximum likelihood estimators, inference, etc.
- Expertise in model validation, hyperparameter tuning, and model selection techniques such as cross validation, leave-one-out, bootstrap
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, spark
- Knowledge of data warehouse, database design and data mining techniques
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to all levels of senior management.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics and 4+ years of related experience is required.
- Strongly preferred: M.S. or PhD in Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Finance or related
- Services, Reporting Service, Power BI, TIBCO-SpotFire
- Python, C++, R, Matlab, pyspark, Distributed Computing
- Machine Learning, Times Series, Data Mining, Mathematical, Modeling, Probability and Stochastic Processes, Mathematical Optimization, Simulation, Algorithm Design
- Predictive modeling experience
- Working knowledge of the oil and gas industry and terminology
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E. , Houston , Texas , 77032 , United States
Requisition Number: 91674
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Production Enhancement
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.