Skills: Operations Management, Project Management, Engineering Manager
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Negotiable Salary
My Client is a leading Energy (Renewables and Conventional) business who are currently looking for a CTO to drive the engineering side of the business. Due to a retirement in the business and the previous employees role and responsibilities being split, this has created the need to hire a CTO.
The main purpose of the CTO's role is to establish and implement the overall companies technical vision, structure and leading all aspects of the businesses Renewable Energy Plants' day to day operation. In the role, you would be the highest technical role within the business and will play a key role in developing the company's strategic growth plans in a sustainable way.
You would be responsible for a portfolio of power plants in the renewables space running efficiently, so having the ability to multi task is a must!
The main responsibilities in this role include;
- Developing and implementing systems and processes to ensure a safe, reliable operations.
- Develops and implements asset management strategies
- Responsible for the major operational and strategic risk management plans for the plant assets
- Making sure compliance to all applicable laws and regulations
- Lead the development and execution of technology strategies
- Regularly reviews the plants processes and setup and recommends changes
- Take control of new generation technologies (e.g. solar, battery, storage systems, etc.) including the overall implementation of new and advanced operations technologies
- Network on behalf of the company at Industry events
- Communicates relevant information, both internally and externally
- Collaborates with the commercial group and other teams for the betterment of the commercial operations of the company's assets
- Provides expert advice to management and staff on technical issues
- Drives innovation and continuous improvement in the plants
- Provides direction to plant management teams in setting and managing their short/medium/long-term goals and objectives
- Anticipates major technology development, implements and manages changes, to ensure the sustainability of company's leadership
- Collaborates with the appropriate departments to assess and recommends technologies for the betterment of the company
- Effectively communicating the technical vision of the business at all levels
To be considered for this role, at a minimum you must have;
- At least 15 years experience in a Hydro-Power Plant/Large scale renewable Power Plant, with 7 years experience in an Executive position - if you do not have this, you will not be contacted.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering - preferably with an MBA
- Extensive technical knowledge in power generation planning, design, construction, operations and maintenance
- Working knowledge of hydro, solar, and other renewable energies
- Knowledge with energy storage solutions
- Commercial and financial acumen
- You should be able to expertly use information and project management systems
- Experience with leading and driving change, people management and asset management - amazing leadership is a must!!
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Data science and its application to power plant operations
- You must be a visionary, an excellent communicator, a strategic thinker and most importantly have second to none decision making capabilities.
Should you fit this description, please, do not hesitate to get in touch today as my client is interviewing now for this role. The preference is for local candidates, however, they will consider expats who have a long term commitment to the Philippines, Salary and Benefits are negotiable for the right candidate.
This is 100% not suitable for applicants from an I.T background as you would be working with the overall management of power plants, the CTO would need to come from an Energy Engineering background.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.