Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an immediate requirement for a Support and Test Engineer to join the team based centrally in Perth, Western Australia.
Our successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a unique leading industry software package with numerous high-profile clients globally. The objective of this role is to ensure high quality software releases and effectively handle support requests from our clients to satisfactory conclusion. It is an opportunity to obtain experience across different fields from engineering, inspection and risk analysis through to digital video recording. This position reports to the Development Manager and is an immediate requirement.
We consult on multiple projects and employ technical experts in the areas of technology, project management, subsea hardware and controls, automation and flow assurance. We engage talented individuals who wish to build their careers and be recognised for their efforts. Specifically, this role includes
- Testing task cards in preparation for software release
- Updating software documentation changes as necessary
- Ensuring compliance with quality assurance procedures
- Monitoring global support requests from customers / users
- Communication with developers to ensure efficient and effective support
- Communication with customers / users to provide effective support
- Elevation of support requests as necessary
- Assist customers in developing, maintaining and improving their database
Please note, that we can only accept applications from Australian citizens or those who currently hold Permanent Residency (PR) visa for Australia and do not require company sponsorship to work lawfully in Australia.
Skills / Qualifications
- Tertiary qualified with strong foundation in IT and working with databases
- 4+ years recent relevant experience
- Advanced skills and experience in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to pick up new skills quickly and efficiently
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact with Client / End users to interpret and determine functional requirements
- Effective communication skills - written and verbal along with strong technical writing capability
Ideally, we would welcome interest from those who have
- Knowledge of Oil & Gas industry operations
- Knowledge of integrity management, inspection data collection and analysis
- Ability to present to and train a group of end users
- Skills and experience in Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Skills and experience with Test software
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.